Posted October 29, 2014
Great School + Fantastic Teachers + Wonderful Principal = my kids exponentially happy @ Richard A. Shields Elementary

Posted October 29, 2014
Our school has a positive atmosphere and it comes from the top down. Our principal is the most positive and supportive leader. We work together and support each other as a staff due to what is modeled in our school. We work hard and go above and beyond whenever possible. Many of our teachers have advanced degrees and continue to receive PD by being connected educators. Again going back to our principal we have had support and encouragement to join other educators on twitter. I look forward to going to school each and every day and I know I will leave each and every day feeling that I am valued and appreciated by everyone in my building.

Posted October 28, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten and everyday she comes home excited and learning something new and she continues her school experience at home. I believe this school thrives not for perfection but for achievement for each individual student. The energy and positive outlook on education is so fresh and it is just a great place. The teachers and staff are wonderful. Keep up the great work.

Posted October 23, 2014
Shields is the Best Elementary School in Delaware. The teachers and staff do their best to help every student achieve and perform at their best. No student is overlooked and everyone is treated with professionalism. The teachers always take the time out to answer parent questions and concerns. Principal Nauman is the most hands on and active Principal in the state! She is always looking for new ways to help the students achieve greatness! My kids are happy to go to school everyday and they love their teachers! I hope all the teachers and staff know that they are"The Best!!"

Posted October 22, 2014
My child is in kindergarten at Shields and I could not be happier with her teacher and what and how ( and quickly) she is learning. The principal leads a wonderful group of caring and devoted teachers and staff. We are so grateful to be a part of such a great public school!

Posted October 21, 2014
We have 2 kids in the school (our 5th year here). Fantastic school, wonderful, caring environment, engaged principal and teachers. Great foundation for academic and social success.

Posted October 20, 2014
I currently have two children enrolled at Shields Elementary. I am very happy we are a part of this school district. I feel the teachers, administrators and support staff are providing a positive learning environment for my kids.

Posted October 20, 2014
We are new to Richard Shields Elementary after moving into the area. I am so impressed by the school's communication with me, by the activities offered to my daughter, and by the teacher's willingness and availability to talk with parents about the curriculum and any specific concerns.

Posted October 20, 2014
This school is wonderful ,has great principle with excellent leadership,wonderful teachers and very active PTO.The atmosphere is always inviting.My son has been in the school for one year now. He loves his school,teachers and classmates.The principal is always there, supporting the children in all their endeavors, and she knows them all by name and personality.The teachers here are highly skilled and they really care for your child. They work with the parents and student to bring the best out of a child.I'm very happy that every child is challenged individually.I must say one of the greatest things about this school is the attitude the school has toward the parents - we are always welcome in the school. At any given time, you can find parents all over the school, whether we are volunteering or having our monthly meeting run by the Parent Coordinator, parents are welcome with open arms . It is a great feeling. This school is outstanding ..

Posted October 13, 2014
I am lucky enough to have two sons attend school at Shields Elementary. The principal, teachers, and support staff are professional and knowledgable. This is a great place!

Shields (Richard A.) Elementary School
910 Shields Avenue, Lewes, DE  19958
Last modified Shields (Richard A.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shields (Richard A.) Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top