Bad
Good

The positive energy that is flowing through Shields Elementary is contagious. All the Teachers and Staff believe in bringing out the best in each child and teaches acceptance of each child uniqueness. Shields believes that music, art and physical education are an important part of a great learning environment. The principal and teachers make time for you if you have any questions, thoughts or concerns. My kids have been so happy attending this school and have learned so much. Most importantly their love of learning started here and has continued throughout their entire life.

Shields is the Best Elementary School in Delaware. The teachers and staff do their best to help every student achieve and perform at their best. No student is overlooked and everyone is treated with professionalism. The teachers always take the time out to answer parent questions and concerns. Principal Nauman is the most hands on and active Principal in the state! She is always looking for new ways to help the students achieve greatness! My kids are happy to go to school everyday and they love their teachers! I hope all the teachers and staff know that they are"The Best!!"

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers are caring and attentive to all students!! The principal always makes sure the students are well taken care of and happy!!

Great School + Fantastic Teachers + Wonderful Principal = my kids exponentially happy @ Richard A. Shields Elementary

Our school has a positive atmosphere and it comes from the top down. Our principal is the most positive and supportive leader. We work together and support each other as a staff due to what is modeled in our school. We work hard and go above and beyond whenever possible. Many of our teachers have advanced degrees and continue to receive PD by being connected educators. Again going back to our principal we have had support and encouragement to join other educators on twitter. I look forward to going to school each and every day and I know I will leave each and every day feeling that I am valued and appreciated by everyone in my building.

There are high expectations for learning. Each staff member is phenomenal in their teaching skills as well as caring for each child that is in their classroom. The teachers nurture each child individually to promote student learning and comprehension. I'm very proud and very fortunate to be a teacher at Shields.

My daughter is in kindergarten and everyday she comes home excited and learning something new and she continues her school experience at home. I believe this school thrives not for perfection but for achievement for each individual student. The energy and positive outlook on education is so fresh and it is just a great place. The teachers and staff are wonderful. Keep up the great work.

Shields is an amazing place to teach! The students, parents, and staff are incredible. Students at Shields are eager to learn and are genuinely kind to one another.

My child is in kindergarten at Shields and I could not be happier with her teacher and what and how ( and quickly) she is learning. The principal leads a wonderful group of caring and devoted teachers and staff. We are so grateful to be a part of such a great public school!

We have 2 kids in the school (our 5th year here). Fantastic school, wonderful, caring environment, engaged principal and teachers. Great foundation for academic and social success.

Last modified Shields (Richard A.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.