No rating

St. Thomas More Preparatory

Private | 9-12 | 240 students

Living in Magnolia

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $219,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Posted January 27, 2014

I attended STM and socially it was great. The administration does need to look at students behavior because I feel a group of students are involved in "sketchy" activities,especially in the parking lots and bathrooms.Random checks need to be implemented.Academics are fine.

Posted October 8, 2013

My son is going to STMA. He love the school and the teachers challenge him to get better everyday. Great young school.

Posted March 10, 2010

My family and I recently moved from a blue ribbon school district in PA to the Sussex County area in DE. After much research (my husband and I are educational professionals) we chose St. Thomas More Prep. in Magnolia ,DE. We are now sure that we made the right decision! Most important is that our daughter agrees! St. Thomas More Prep is not just a school it is a community of caring and knowledgeable faculty ,staff, and administrators who strive to provide an excellent education and respectful enviornment for all students. The oppotunities at St.Thomas are many (sports teams, theater, music and various clubs). We feel very lucky to have found this gem of a school!

Posted October 7, 2009

My granddaughter graduated from Saint Thomas More. Her four years there were totally miserable, socially and academically. Now she is struggling in college. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 22, 2009

Like the others Ravens who have attended the Naval Academy, I watch my fellow plebes struggle with their academics, however I feel totally prepared both academically. My focus on the big picture was honed at the Prep. I thank my parents for sending me to STMP. Submitted by a graduate August 2009

Posted September 22, 2009

My husband and I both attended Catholic school and presumed our sons would do the same but we never imaged a school like the Prep. With deep spiritually, a caring faculty, great principal and strong academics, activities and sports, we are blessed to have found such a great school. Submitted by a parent September 2009

Posted September 9, 2009

I am an alumni of St.Thomas More Academy. I went to school between 2004-2008, and the new administration really did not realize their was a history before it took charge and began to start its own school. For better or for worse it has yet to been seen. 'The Prep' has done nothing to preserve such aspects of the school's history before its existence. Everything from 2008 and prior has been erased from the school website and its sports pages. So long live St. Thomas More Academy the original catholic school in small little Magnolia, Delaware.

Posted August 15, 2009

I am currently a student at St. Thomas More and I have been a student for all four years. The ways the school has changed in the past four years is incredible. The studies are very high quality and the teachers are the best. You can't go wrong with this catholic school education. Thats's why we are number 1 in the state and top 50 in the nation
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 17, 2008

I attended a concert this weekend at saint thomas more prep. I have just moved into the development next to the campus. The school is beautiful and the music was wonderful but what truly impressed me and my wife was how welcoming the students were. They tell us they were named one of the top 50 high schools in the nation and we can see why. Wish there was a Saint Thomas More when my children attended school.

Posted June 24, 2008

Wow! we were thrilled when our son was admitted last year; after one year we recommend that any parent who want to see their child bloom and mature beyond your expectations, sent them to Saint Thomas More Prep.

Posted January 9, 2007

Saint Thomas More Academy provides an atmosphere that is both positive and academically challenging. Because it is a small school with many extra curricular activities, the opportunity for students to get involved is unparalleled. Saint Thomas More Academy has been an excellent choice for my children.

Posted November 12, 2006

Under it's new leadership, St. Thomas More is absolutely the finest high school in Delaware. The academics, arts, spiritual and leadership development of each student excel. We could not ask for more for our child!

Posted September 7, 2006

Delaware's leading Academic school and now and outstanding environment for my children. I can not imang my children finding a better place in which to grow and prepare for college.

Posted February 28, 2006

I attend St. Thomas More Academy and I feel that I have grown not only intellectually but spiritually and as a person. Saint Thomas More Academy is a fantastic school that doesn t have 'homerooms' it has 'communities.' Saint Thomas More has not only been a great high school for me but I recommend it to any student or parent thinking about attending or sending their child to St. Thomas More. It prepares me for the real world and what college is like. The faculty and administration always try their hardest to help the students grow as individuals. At St. Thomas More, I feel safe, understood and secure. Being in the environment that Saint Thomas More offers, my self-confidence has increased knowing I won t be judged by my peers or the faculty. I recommend Saint Thomas More Academy for anyone interested in receiving a superior education.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 24, 2005

This school is no better than any good public school in Dover Delaware, unless you are a fan of a small school environment then this is a school for you.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 19, 2004

This is an excellent school. I have two children who are or have attended it. The instruction and development is very individualized. I would highly recommend it.

Asian or Pacific Islander 3% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Holy Cross School
Sussex Academy of Arts and Sciences
Caesar Rodney School District
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Italian
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Recognized as one of the Nations Top 50 Catholic High Schools (2008)
  • Recognized as one of the Nations Top 50 Catholic High Schools (2009)
  • Catholic High School Honor Roll (2009)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• NCEA

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Art teacher(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Performance stage
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Wilmington

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Holy Cross School
Sussex Academy of Arts and Sciences
Caesar Rodney School District

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
University of Delaware