Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Too bad there isn't a negative rating. You want your child to get a real education, don't let them go here. You want to know your child will be safe from physical harm, don't let them attend this school. You want teachers that are professional, compassionate, and understanding this is not the school for your child. You want your child bullied by students and teachers alike send them here. You want your child to learn values and behaviors that will land them in prison and serve them well in that environment, this is the school for you. If you child has any handicap what so ever, this is absolutely the worst place to send your child. The teacher attitude is if they have an IEP the child is not worth educating and they will just pass them. My child is hearing impaired, and apparently a teacher has decided the is the same as autism! The bullying for my child has come to physical violence, and the inability to eat lunch. And just try to schedule a meeting, it is just not possible. I have tried so that I can get a reasonable solution. Still no meeting, and I don't expect one in the near future. Plus, I know it will be more of the same anyway.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers could not control their classrooms. They were too overwhelmed, unqualified, or just plain lazy to help our child. He was being bullied. In one class the teacher would just tell him, "He did not want to hear it." When we had a meeting over it, that teacher did not show for the meeting. The other teachers relayed that he claimed not to ignore my child's needs, but the teacher involved was not there to clarify anything. During this meeting the school counselor suggested to my son, in my presence, that he could just stop wearing his hearing aids! I was too stunned to respond immediately, which is good because I could not think of a civil thing at that moment. My son looked at me, then looked at the counselor and said he would wear his hearing aids. Unaided my child would not hear a thing the teacher said in class, and this would just ensure that he would not receive any education what so ever. Making our situation even worse.

Amount of homework: Disagree

When we helped our son with his homework, we were left to wonder what they taught him all day. He did not seem to know a thing in regards to the homework he was assigned. So in essence we would spend out nights educating him, because the school did not during the day.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

A student stole from my son. My son informed a teacher. She refused to assist him, but took the time to call my home to lie and say he had a great day. So I was surprised when he came home upset. He explained what happened. We went to the school to sort it out. The Vice Principal suggested my son was falsely accusing the thief, and that I was upset over nothing. Some of the items that were taken were supplies for my son's hearing aids, and added up quite quickly. So he agreed to look into it. They did find that the kid did have my son's things, claiming he thought they were his (this child was not hearing impaired). So they let the thief go, accepted his lies, and did not address the issue of the teacher lying when she called my home.

I currently have three children attending EMMS. I have had five attend and move onto high school. I cannot say anything negative about my experience. The teachers and staff have gone well above what is expected of them. They truly care about their education and their lives. When it came time for my special needs child, I was truly amazed how they handled him. I am proud to be a EMMS parent.

Meredith Everette Middle School has made the transition for my daughter from elementary to middle school, so easy. Having an Open House for just the 6th grade was great. My daughter was able to meet all the teachers on her team, walk about the school to see where everything was located, she was able to meet the Principal, and to just see what her Middle School looked like. The teachers and staff are so friendly. The PTA is hosts a variety of functions for the students and the community. Parents are never left in the dark. Great school.

I have had a fantastic experience with this school and I have two children that attend. Everywhere from the Administration, teachers, parents, PTA and the children's involvement is top notch. I am very proud to be a EMMS parent!

I have had mostly positive experiences with the teachers and staff. My son has had some "annoying" experiences with other students but every student will encounter that. There doesn't seem to be a standard, though, for dealing with students that constantly disrupt or are always an annoyance in class. It seems they are afraid of backlash of any kind from the student (or parent). But, overall, my son is a good student and the teachers like him so there have been no problems for our family as far as getting in touch with staff and resolving any minor issues.

Transitioning my son from elementary school into middle school has been terrifying me since kindergarten. My son has autism so I knew that this point in his academic career would be a massive shift for him to deal with. Luckily, the entire team of educators, counselors, and staff have all rallied around my boy and have set up measures and methods to help him cope. The band teacher is PHENOMENAL too! She helped repair his trumpet when Accent Music refused to service the instrument (because they don't like the brand). EEMS has strong communication with its families and the PTA is second to none. I am thrilled to have my son go to this school!

Last modified Meredith (Everett) Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.