Middletown, DE
Students enrolled: 1,281

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 26, 2015
This question should only be addressed on an individal teacher level rather than applied to all as a whole. Some teachers were very effective, engaging, caring and able to motivate their students, but not all. There were also teachers that give the profession a bad name that should have been fired for their unprofessionalism and inappropriate relations with students amongst other things.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 26, 2015
I felt the amount of homework assigned daily was an appropriate level for a public high school.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 26, 2015
The school emphasized early on the importance of college and the work required to get into the school of your choice. So, in that sense you develop your level of determination based on how badly you want to achieve those goals.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
I don't believe the school made any significant impact in developing respect in it's students.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 26, 2015
I neither agree nor disagree with this question. I believe compassion, caring and empathy are traits that individuals either have or do not have when they came to the school

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 26, 2015
Athletes were given preferential treatment compared to the rest of the student body. There wasn't anything in place to encourage honesty or integrity in the students.

Middletown High School 1

Posted January 03, 2012
This school makes it seem as though it wants the best for its students. It trys to act as if it can keep up with the times by installing smartboards in class rooms, but godforbid if a student wants to bring in a tablet in order to keep their lives more organized and to help them accel in classes. just a few minutes ago a held a brief meeting with the principle whhere he told me i could not use my tablet , in which i made clear i would hold all responsibility for , in my AP Classes in order to help me accel. In stead he said it would be a distraction to me and it will wind up lost or stolen, like he some how kneew what kind of person i am or the responsibility to have. i inforemed him of how i could take off any games and leave it with just the note pad app., but to him it wasnt good enough. So to really cap this i think its safe to say that they dont care about kids education because had he said yes id be in class learning right now instead of using the fulltime accessablie computers, But i guess they are not distracking huih?!

Middletown High School 5

Posted February 22, 2011
All 4 of my children have gone to Middletown HS and I am very pleased with the education they received. All of my children have gone on to college and have become very successful! I give credit to Middletown HS for giving them the foundation to succeed.

Middletown High School 2

Posted January 10, 2011
This school is a joke. Do your kids a favor spend the money on a good private school. Parents do your homework visit the school ask questions. I took my child out of this school because they begged it was so bad. I should have listened when people told me delaware public school were among the worst

120 Silver Lake Road, Middletown, DE  19709
Last modified Middletown High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Middletown High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top