Waters (Alfred G.) Middle School 3

Posted October 14, 2014
My son moved up from this school in June. Our experience here has been mixed. The former principal did not seem to be very involved in the school and PTA organization. The current principal seems to be turning things around for the better. In my son s 6th year, his teachers were excellent, but the program did not challenge advanced students. In 7th grade, my son was not challenged again, although there was an advance class offered. He was not put into that class and when I found out about that I did sit down with the vice principal at the time to discuss. 8th grade was the first time since 2nd grade, that I felt my son was challenged at school. He took the advanced math class and did very well at it. There was also more homework and projects during his 8th grade year. He has since left the public school system and is excelling in a private school. I think Waters did help him prepare somewhat for what was to come, but it could have started at a much younger age.

Waters (Alfred G.) Middle School 5

Posted September 21, 2012
This is our son's second year and I would rate it as EXCELLENT! The teachers really are dedicated and take a active interest. They have gone beyond the call of duty - as indicated in the school's test scores and raking. Just get engaged and I'm sure you will have the same experience.

Waters (Alfred G.) Middle School 2

Posted September 01, 2012
At this school, things aren't what it's all cracked up to be. Alot of students are really mean and once a week there's usually someone getting beat up. I myself was bullied a few times sadly. Needless to say alot of people get bullied here without staff knowing. The dress code is overly strict, and gum is all over signs and windows. Not really what I would call 'beautiful.' The computer labs are bland. And the bathrooms are always trashed from other students. It's disgusting. Some teams of teachers are completely awful. The teachers here are hit and miss. I had a team for one year and they got off topic and refused to help students who asked for help multiple times and then humiliated them in class; also quite judgmental and would jump to accusations of cheating and stupidity. It was ridiculous.

Waters (Alfred G.) Middle School 2

Posted September 08, 2011
This is our first year at the school. My daughter's first experience in middle school (6th grade), 2nd week of school was bullied and threathened by another student that she was going to kill her. Not one person from the school notified my husband or I that this had taken place. No counselor, No interventionist, No teacher NOT even an INCIDENT report explaining what happened and what the school is going to do to ensure that the child who made the threat is being reprimanded. We are dissapointed in the way they are handling it, they need to revamp how they handle harrassment and bullying incidents.

Waters (Alfred G.) Middle School 3

Posted January 27, 2011
There's nothing special about this school. Everyone thinks it's so amazing because it's new. It's just as good or bad as any other school in the Appo district. I do not necessarily prefer the teachers in this school, I feel they can be a lot friendlier and connect with students WAY better than they do now.

Waters (Alfred G.) Middle School
1235 Cedar Lane Road, Middletown, DE  19709
Last modified Waters (Alfred G.) Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waters (Alfred G.) Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top