Bad
Good

This school has gone above and beyond for both of my children. They are both helpful and caring to all the children that I see.

I have had the pleasure of working at this school for the last 15 years and would not want to be at any other school in the state. We have such a dedicated staff to all of the students and parents and everyone works together to make sure that each and every child meets his/her full potential.

What an amazing school. The staff at this school does whatever it takes to help the students. Each child is treated with respect and all of the students' needs are met individually. I could not ask for a better school.

I am parent and a teacher. I am lucky to know the staff at Long Neck very well. You would think that I would have hand picked my daughter's teachers during her 6 years at Long Neck. But I NEVER once felt the need to request a teacher. Each year I would look at the teachers in her future grade level and think... who would be best for my daughter. Every year I answered that question the same way. They all would! Our school has some of the most dedicated professionals I have had the privilege to work with. My daughter thrived both academically and socially/emotionally. She developed a positive attitude toward learning. She felt loved by all her teachers and couldn't wait for school to start each September. Next year... my little guy will be joining me at Long Neck. Again, I will not be requesting a teacher for him...

Long Neck Elementary School strives to meet the needs of all the students. They pin point student weaknesses and find various resources and strategies to improve these academic areas. RTI, in which all children are grouped by ability for part of the day, is another strategy to meet the needs of all the children. The school has a population of more than 70% on free or reduced lunch. However, this fact does not get in the way of their staff's ability to teach the children. The staff instills in the students an I can and I will be able to do this attitude. They do not allow excuses to get in the way of their goal and the children know these high expectations. The support staff and PTO also provide assistance to teachers and students. LNE believes there is no "I" in team and it shows everyday in everyway.

Last modified Long Neck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.