New Castle, DE
Before care: Yes

Posted June 30, 2014
We are truly happy to have our kids in Tall Oaks. God-centered and classical education is very unique among other schools. Truly blessed and greatful to be part of Tall Oaks family.

Tall Oaks Classical School 3

Posted August 09, 2013
Good academics. Strict, and at times unreasonable and harsh, discipline. Good Christian families. Some great teachers, some not-so-great.

Posted November 04, 2012
I have been attending Tall Oaks from first grade and am now a Junior at the school. The feeling of community and family at Tall oaks is amazing, I feel as if my class is my family. The headmaster and principle can be seen around any corner and are open to discussions about any problem you may have with the school and will address them as they deem fit. They are also found at many of the sporting events cheering for the students. The teachers are most certainly harsh but still love you. The expect the absolute best from you and will go out of their way, staying after school and during lunch to help you grasp the concepts. We are taught to think for ourselves, but in a way that still glorifies God. I cannot think of a single class in which we do not discuss how God pertains to that subject, including math! Overall, Tall Oaks is a very well rounded school that has changed my life for the better.

Posted June 09, 2011
I have a high schooler and a first grader at Tall Oaks, and I find the atmosphere at the school to be so pleasant and refreshing!!! Students are taught to do their personal best and to encourage and support their fellow students. The stressful haze of cutthroat competition between students (and their parents) that permeates many academically demanding schools is absent at Tall Oaks. There is no such thing as a "gifted and talented" program for the "chosen few" because ALL the students are treated as being highly capable. Most courses are what would be considered "honors level" at other schools. Students who have difficulty with a particular course are offered extra help and encouragement from teachers (and parents) rather than being offered a simplified version of the class. Surprise, surprise - it turns out that all the students are able to withstand the rigors of a challenging academic program! Did I mention that Tall Oaks has a diverse population? It is a joy to see the loving friendships at the school between children of different backgrounds. (I notice the same thing among parents at school meetings.) Tall Oaks is a Christian school with a truly Christian atmosphere!

Tall Oaks Classical School
903 E. Basin Road, New Castle, DE  19720
Last modified Tall Oaks Classical School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Tall Oaks Classical School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top