Castle Hills Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2015
They do not teach here. My daughter needs to be held back but they wont do to policies. She is below level of her grade ..I've been expressing concern over this for over 3 years now and they actually PLACE her in the next grade EVERY YEAR. I dont understand how they can just push her through the system. Delaware education sucks. I understand it is me as a perent to also be sure she gets homework done. She actually does do it but not the way they teach them now. I can only teach her the way I was taught. ALSO I AM NOT A PROPER TEACHER. I DIDN'T GO TO SCHOOL TO LEARN TO TEACH. THEREFORE, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO. My daughter is in fifth grade and needs help and does not get it in this school. My daughter should not for any reason be placed every year and never once promoted to the next grade... only placed... what does that mean exactly anyway? Delaware school sucks... well maybe I shouldn't say that. Honestly, my other two daughters are doing quite well. One graduated in 2013 from delcastle and my middle daughter is going there now and is a freshman. All I know is I don't recommend this school for any family thinking of moving to this area You should maybe choice them to another school

Castle Hills Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2015
The kids have fun while they learn. The teachers are helpful. The school also provides a number of resources regarding a large array of concerns that may present itself.

Castle Hills Elementary School 5

Posted December 21, 2014
I love teaching at Castle Hills! We have more going on here than ever before. We have new clubs, new programs and lots of technology. If you haven't been here lately - come check us out!

Castle Hills Elementary School 5

Posted May 31, 2011
I have a child in 4th gread and I must say that I highly recommend Ms. Clark we had the best year with her.

Castle Hills Elementary School 3

Posted November 30, 2010
My son is in kindergarten at Castle Hills and has had nothing but problems on their bus. Kids hit him, kick him, spit on him, and the bus driver does nothing. Multiple calls have been put in to the administration, and nothing gets done. The problem is never resolved, it just goes on and on and on. My son now feels he has to physically defend himself from attacks because all other options, including the adults in authority at Castle Hills and their transportation company, have failed him, and now HE is the one getting suspended off of the bus. Physical attacks have been made on my child and nothing is done until he retaliates. I am now forced to drive my son to school every day, at the possible expense of my job (since I will now be late to work every morning) before any more physical and emotional harm is done. Next year, I will be looking into other schools.

Castle Hills Elementary School
502 Moores Lane, New Castle, DE  19720
Last modified Castle Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castle Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top