Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

They have core values and build a positive morale schoolwide with their cheers and chants at every opportunity.

A rigorous and safe school that is one of the best alternatives for Wilmington inner city kids. The school (teschers and administration alike) do a good job but, generally, the students are rough around the edges and have trouble with behavior. My two children attended this year and it was my sons first snapshot of what an elementary school looks like, hence he was in Kindergarten. After several bus incidents (not to mention numerous bus pick-up delays) we made it through the year. Mrs. R and Ms. K (K & 2, respectively) were great at inspiring our littles to reach beyond their grade level. If it wasn't for the unruly students disrupting the learning environments I would consider sending them back.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers Will never let a Students Fill there class at All they will Try their best

I'm sure you hear complaints from time to time, but I wanted you to know that we appreciate Ms. Wells and her hard work. So far, she has made 2014-2015 a great learning experience for my nephew during a difficult transition in his life. I appreciate the quick responses and the time she takes to show how much she cares about her students. She definitely goes above and beyond. I had reservations about FFA in the beginning and thanks to Ms. Wells, I am happy with our decision. Also, your front office staff personnel do a great job. Thanks again.

I have had a horrible experience with this school. My son is in kindergarten. He is a very smart and active kid. He came home crying and telling me kids were picking on h I'm and hitting him. When I reported it, they were making excuses saying he hit first. He was suspended off the buss twice for three days because he defended himself. He was placed I n to a behavior modification program without my consent. He began to have stomach aches and diarrhea everyday before school. The classroom size is more than the teachers can handle. The Bus Company That This School Has Contracted With is awful, the bus driver is rude and never of time. The bus driver called my son bad in front of me and my son. I was so distraught and dissatisfied. I am currently trying to get my son out of this school.

If you are thinking about enrolling your child into Family Foundations Academy, I would advise you to think about that again. Besides the fact that they are unable to keep good teachers, the children are not treated the best. While my daughter was in 1st grade here, her two front teeth were knocked out by a little boy. I was not notified, however, they did send her teeth home with her. That is just one example of their excellence. When my son was in first grade, he asked his teacher to use the bathroom and was denied because she was in the middle of a lesson plan. As a result, he urinated on himself. They had the nerve to email me and tell me that he urinated on himself, but never told me the cause or reason. I could go on and on about the antics within this school but if you put your child in, you can believe that your child will be next.

We were originally very excited to go to FFA with my daughter in K. Throughout the year that excitement turned into dread. My daughter, who is a happy bubbly child started complaining of stomach aches every morning she had to go to school. Now, my child is not perfect however the reports of her behavior from school were awful. Turns out that she was being bullied and she was getting in trouble for sticking up for herself when the teacher would not. She was separated from class activities on several occasions and nothing ever happened to the other child. At one point my daughter told me that she felt like she couldn't go to her teacher for help and that she felt like she was NOT a part of the class. Once the school year ended, the stomach aches ended. Now she is back to her happy self. Needless to say, she will not be attending this school for first grade

My daughter attended this school for one year. It was like she LOST a year and hasn't completely recuperated. She struggles to catch up and we spend a lot of money on tutors. RUN away from this school!

I have read the negative reviews here and I want to say that I have had no issues like they are complaining about. My daughter is in Kindergarten and I am very happy with her education and I love her teacher. I am a very involved parent when it comes to my child's education and I have regular communication with the teacher and she always responds quickly, even on weekends! The only complaint I would have is that I feel the amount of schoolwork and homework is excessive for Kindergarten, but I also understand they are keeping up with the requirements that they have to teach the kids by the end of the year.

This is a school with high expectations. Many of these negative comments are from parents who do not follow the schools policy. I have seen many parents out of pocket and it is because they do not want to read the policy. The school is not in danger of being closed therefore, students are learning. The special education students are not socially promoted so they raise the bar. Public school just pass them on. Speak of your own experience and take accountability for your actions. These comments are very interesting to read. They are not the majority experience.

Last modified Family Foundations Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.