Public charter
New Castle, DE

Posted December 04, 2014
I'm sure you hear complaints from time to time, but I wanted you to know that we appreciate Ms. Wells and her hard work. So far, she has made 2014-2015 a great learning experience for my nephew during a difficult transition in his life. I appreciate the quick responses and the time she takes to show how much she cares about her students. She definitely goes above and beyond. I had reservations about FFA in the beginning and thanks to Ms. Wells, I am happy with our decision. Also, your front office staff personnel do a great job. Thanks again.

Posted October 12, 2014
I have had a horrible experience with this school. My son is in kindergarten. He is a very smart and active kid. He came home crying and telling me kids were picking on h I'm and hitting him. When I reported it, they were making excuses saying he hit first. He was suspended off the buss twice for three days because he defended himself. He was placed I n to a behavior modification program without my consent. He began to have stomach aches and diarrhea everyday before school. The classroom size is more than the teachers can handle. The Bus Company That This School Has Contracted With is awful, the bus driver is rude and never of time. The bus driver called my son bad in front of me and my son. I was so distraught and dissatisfied. I am currently trying to get my son out of this school.

Posted October 01, 2014
If you are thinking about enrolling your child into Family Foundations Academy, I would advise you to think about that again. Besides the fact that they are unable to keep good teachers, the children are not treated the best. While my daughter was in 1st grade here, her two front teeth were knocked out by a little boy. I was not notified, however, they did send her teeth home with her. That is just one example of their excellence. When my son was in first grade, he asked his teacher to use the bathroom and was denied because she was in the middle of a lesson plan. As a result, he urinated on himself. They had the nerve to email me and tell me that he urinated on himself, but never told me the cause or reason. I could go on and on about the antics within this school but if you put your child in, you can believe that your child will be next.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 19, 2014
We were originally very excited to go to FFA with my daughter in K. Throughout the year that excitement turned into dread. My daughter, who is a happy bubbly child started complaining of stomach aches every morning she had to go to school. Now, my child is not perfect however the reports of her behavior from school were awful. Turns out that she was being bullied and she was getting in trouble for sticking up for herself when the teacher would not. She was separated from class activities on several occasions and nothing ever happened to the other child. At one point my daughter told me that she felt like she couldn't go to her teacher for help and that she felt like she was NOT a part of the class. Once the school year ended, the stomach aches ended. Now she is back to her happy self. Needless to say, she will not be attending this school for first grade
5 people found this helpful

Posted July 04, 2014
My daughter attended this school for one year. It was like she LOST a year and hasn't completely recuperated. She struggles to catch up and we spend a lot of money on tutors. RUN away from this school!
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 27, 2014
I have read the negative reviews here and I want to say that I have had no issues like they are complaining about. My daughter is in Kindergarten and I am very happy with her education and I love her teacher. I am a very involved parent when it comes to my child's education and I have regular communication with the teacher and she always responds quickly, even on weekends! The only complaint I would have is that I feel the amount of schoolwork and homework is excessive for Kindergarten, but I also understand they are keeping up with the requirements that they have to teach the kids by the end of the year.

Posted January 09, 2014
This is a school with high expectations. Many of these negative comments are from parents who do not follow the schools policy. I have seen many parents out of pocket and it is because they do not want to read the policy. The school is not in danger of being closed therefore, students are learning. The special education students are not socially promoted so they raise the bar. Public school just pass them on. Speak of your own experience and take accountability for your actions. These comments are very interesting to read. They are not the majority experience.

Posted January 08, 2014
If you are considering this school I would strongly suggest that you research all your options. Communication is poor and faculty is extremely rude when it comes to serious matters. Your child will not be treated with respect or cared for as you would expect from a school. It is truly about the money that they are given and that you provide. The well being of your child will not be considered. I am very disappointed in the quality of this school and the carelessness that they provide to the children especially the principal. It saddens me that this type of leadership is responsible for a school full of children. I look forward to transferring my child to a better school and environment next school term. Please do not send your child there. You will regret it. From a parent to another it is in your best interest to go for another option

Posted September 20, 2013
I have seen this school over the past 4 years go from a school trying to provide a great education to their students, to a school who is making good on their promise and delivering an excellent education. Its elementary school could be a model for other schools to follow. Its middle school has become a school that emphasizes discipline and a positive climate for students to learn. Overall, I would recommend this school for any parent who is looking for a great place for their children learn.

Posted September 10, 2013
My child attended the elementary school in the fourth grade an struggle with the overwhelming amount of school work. When I reached out to the assistant principle and administrative assistant, no response. When my child entered the fifth grade (middle school) the scholastic experience became worse. The communication with the principle, guidance counselor, and dean of students is terrible. My child was bullied, fought back in self defense and was suspended. When I tried to reach out to the guidance counselor and dean of students to look further into the cause of the fight, they were non-responsive. The teacher turnover rate is ridiculous. My child went months without a permanent Science teacher and never brought science work home the entire year. It appears that English and Math are the only important subjects (DCAS testing). The school is disorganized and after chaperoning a field trip, I can see the lack of control over the student body. I know a few other families who have not returned back to this school for the following year. Its a good concept, but a poorly executed school.

Family Foundations Academy
1101 Delaware Street, New Castle, DE  19720
Last modified Family Foundations Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Family Foundations Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top