Reach Academy For Girls

Charter | K-8 | 468 students

Living in New Castle

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $132,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Posted November 6, 2013

My daughter is in K this year and of course we had a bumpy start but she loves going to school and is ready to learn (every day). Her teacher is available to me 24/7 and I take time out in the classroom to help a couple of times a month. The only problem that I have is that some parents think that the learning starts and stops with the school and will blame the school for everything. This is not good. Every school has bumps and bruises but it is unfair to put the FULL BLAME ON THE STAFF. Parents wake up and help your children.

Posted September 5, 2013

great school so far. A few challenges here and there with transportation but academic wise i love it.This is the fourth year since my daugther stated and i can see great improvement. there is always room for improvement and i believe reach is headed in the right direction.

Posted July 14, 2013

The 2012-2013 year for my daughter is our last. It is sad to see this school get worse and worse. When the staff starts bailing out left and right, and they have now, that says it all. The student test scores are even worse than the first 2 years, and now they're trying to move to New Castle to a bigger place. They've lost a slew of teachers this past year, and some were great. The trouble is the administration. I can't highly rate the remaining teachers because they have lost the best ones, and I don 't know who else is leaving.

Posted July 6, 2013

If you care about your daughter, do not send her to Reach Academy for Girls. I have too many examples to list. Ask Holy Rosary why Reach will not be at their location any more. Look at the teacher turn over rate. Do a few surprise visits and go with your gut. Parents WANT the school to be good, but that is not the reality.

Posted August 24, 2012

Reach Academy is good but i am beginning to think otherwise. The transportation planning is terrible. I am having a hard time understanding ho my daughter will get on the bus at 5.50am and be dropped off at 6.15pm. We are talking of 14 hours from rising up to getting back in the house. Don't forget that there is homework time and other things for the child. the child has no life now. the transport manager needs to do something as this reminds me of the first year the school started and i am not willing to have the same nonsense again. Reach i love you but i have to say goodbye. Why don't you get a more central area like Wilmington? where are the board members am beginning to wonder. Communication is terrible in this school. i call and nobody seems to know what i need For instance, they organize a back to school night for all students the place was congested nobody could hear anything because the PA system is a mess. That was a bad start for the year and i am afraid it will continue through as witnessed on the first day of school. also students report to school a week ahead no learning just watching movies and lunch. Reach where are you headed? Need professional help in management?

Posted July 19, 2012

Wonderful school. this will be my daughter's third year. She is going into 8th grade. The school got off to a rocky start with bad leadership when it first started in 2012. However, since then it has constantly improved. My daughter's test scores increased significantly. Teachers provide plenty of attention and can easily be reached by phone, text, email or just dropping in. Sorry this will be her last year!!!!!

Posted December 8, 2011

THIS SCHOOL IS SO SO ONLY BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER DOES NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING IN TO FIGHTS ON THE BUS AND IN SCHOOL, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE TEACHERS TERRIBLE!!! NO PHONE CALLS NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL, ONLY A FEW TEACHERS WILL REACH OUT TO YOU, I KNOW I HAD TO CONTACT THE PRINCIPAL IN ORDER TO GET SOMEONE TO GET BACK TO ME!! AND I STILL CAN'T GET ANYONE TO CONTACT ME WHEN I NEED THEM TO!!! SAD. AS FOR ALL THE MONEY THEY CHARGE FOR THIS AND FOR THAT I DON'T GET IT AT ALL!!! GOOD LUCK WITH ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PUT THERE CHILD IN THIS SCHOO.L

Posted October 6, 2011

Love, Love, Love Reach Academy. There has truly never been a school like this. My daughter loves going to school everday since starting @ Reach last year. The teachers are excellent, they truly care about each child, are attentive to their different needs, and provide challenging work. The school leader is wonderful..she is very attentive and easy to talk to. Questions and concerns are answered promptly. Support staff is awesome also. I feel a real sense of family @ Reach, and knows my daughter does as well. This is the best education my daughter has gotten as I can see the change in her skills and knowledge. The all girl setting is terriffic as well. It provides a truly nurturing enviroment for learning. Reach gets an "A+" all around!!

Posted September 15, 2011

What a great school Reach academy is? My daughter is now in 1st grade and she loves it here. The teacher/child relationship is wonderful. My daughter now knows how to read and write and she looks forward to school everyday. I went for back to school night yesterday and i was so impressed with the class environment, computer lab and art lab. Most amazing of all is the principal who is outstanding i the way she deals with parents. I recommend Reach Academy for an parent who has a girl child and looking forward for a great success

Posted March 15, 2011

i love the science program at Reach. I like the staff and the principal. She is always available! My daughter is being challenged academically and most of all i love the leadership program they have to build esteem and strenght in the girls as they mature, which is very important in middle school. Overall. i learn that as long as I am invovlved in my daughter education and work with the teachers, my duaghter will be successful.

Posted March 15, 2011

My daughter is a fifth grader at Reach and she absolutely loves it! The girls at this school are challenged academically, and encouraged to grow socially and intellectually. I plan on having her remain there until eighth grade. In fact, she will have it no other way.

Posted March 12, 2011

My daughter is in the 6th grade and both of us love this school. There were some bumps in the beginning as with any school start up. Those have been worked out. Communications have improved 150% with the additional of the website and access to Home Access. Our daughter is on the bus for 1-1/2 hours; however, we knew this when choosing the school and will send her there next year. By extending the school day to 4:30, she is now able to participate in the enrichment programs at the end of the day as well as getting any tutoring she needs. The science and social studies program are outstanding. Imagine having a full science lab for 5th & 6th.grades. Someone complained about the meals. Most schools do not prepare their meals. However, there are usually more choices. The menu is available and when there is something my daughter doesn't like, she brings her lunch. The teachers are always available by phone, email or just dropping by. The principal is doing two roles now, however, she always makes time for students and parents. She knows all the girls and they welcome the attention she gives them. My only complaint is the lack of parent participation.

Posted March 10, 2011

We are very please with the education our daughter is receiving at Reach Academy for Girls Charter School. She is in K and reading any book, she is encouraged to excel and strive to do her best! The teachers and principal know all of the girls AND parents at the school, and they care. If I have a concern I can go to her teacher or principal and it will be addressed. I can trust what they tell me, and that they want want is best for the girls. This is important for a parent sending their 1st child to any kind of school for the 1st time. Being a 1st year school we have had to be patient for state funds. We now have smart-boards in all rooms, upper grades are getting acclimated with their own laptops! As for busing, we serve a large area, if you ride a bus you will be on it for twice as long as it takes you to drive to the school. we have students that are committed to coming from about 50 minutes away, by car. I think this school is worth the effort and if you like the idea of your daughter learning and being challenged to be her best, then you need to send her to reach academy and get involved! I am excited to see what Reach Academy will help my daughter achieve in the future!

Posted March 10, 2011

My daughter is a K student at Reach Academy for Girls, and I am thrilled with our experience there. The teachers do an outstanding job of engaging the girls and getting them excited about the learning process, which is so critical at this young age. I am often amazed at the way my daughter tells me about something she has learned - it's very clear that even the most complex material has been presented in such a way that she truly understands, and the seed to learn more has been planted. The school leader is extremely approachable and is very willing to work with families on any concerns or issues they may have. She gets things done!! She knows every girl in the school and connects with them - you can tell that they like her, but even more importantly, they respect her. Great school leadership, very dedicated and talented teachers, and a culture of excellence makes for a remarkable school. A charter school is a choice - and every day, I know that I've made the RIGHT choice for my daughter. Check it out!!

Posted March 7, 2011

Reach Academy for Girls is a wonderful place to send your daughter. The staff is great you can tell they really care.

Posted December 31, 2010

The Board Members and Administrators make EMPTY PROMISES. NO COMPUTERS, LEADERSHIP you will received misleading information to have your child attend this program. I was CRAZY for sending my child hear. I WOULD NOT recommend this school!

Posted April 24, 2010

Great day provided for the kids at the new school! The girls were happy and loved the attention. There was not the family turn out that I expected?? I came early and did not see any new faces other then some new Teachers. I will have to find more time to make that change. As for the group of people that have been there from the beginning I thank you for all the time you have spent on getting this school up and running with out you this great school would not be possible. I did take the time to walk around the school and did see some things looking dated and some are slowly getting updated. I would like to see a new playground and all access ramps and stair lifts are a must. Room for improvement is the bigest room in the world..... Thanh you

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Delaware used the Delaware Comprehensive Assessment System (DCAS) to test students in English language arts and math in grades 3 through 10, in social studies in grades 4 and 7, and in science in grades 5, 8 and 10. The DCAS is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Delaware. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

There are not enough high schools in Delaware for GreatSchools to generate fair Ratings for high schools at this time.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 74% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 69% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 50% in 2013.

<=5%

<=5%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 74% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 67% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 60% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 73% in 2013.

38 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 50% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students19%

Title I19%
Regular ed20%
Proficient in English19%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Delaware Department of Education. If there are fewer than 15 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students29%

• Allen, Tara
Fax number
  • (302) 654-3724

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now