Bad
Good

Great school,how many schools do you know where the head and the teachers so now just about every studends name and its not because they are a trouble maker? Sorry the school board doesn't want a Black Minority all girls school in progress. That hurts not only the girls , but also the community in the long run. As I've always said "Follow the Money" and you will see who really is behind closing this wonderful school. GO REACH!!!!!!!

My daughter is in K this year and of course we had a bumpy start but she loves going to school and is ready to learn (every day). Her teacher is available to me 24/7 and I take time out in the classroom to help a couple of times a month. The only problem that I have is that some parents think that the learning starts and stops with the school and will blame the school for everything. This is not good. Every school has bumps and bruises but it is unfair to put the FULL BLAME ON THE STAFF. Parents wake up and help your children.

great school so far. A few challenges here and there with transportation but academic wise i love it.This is the fourth year since my daugther stated and i can see great improvement. there is always room for improvement and i believe reach is headed in the right direction.

The 2012-2013 year for my daughter is our last. It is sad to see this school get worse and worse. When the staff starts bailing out left and right, and they have now, that says it all. The student test scores are even worse than the first 2 years, and now they're trying to move to New Castle to a bigger place. They've lost a slew of teachers this past year, and some were great. The trouble is the administration. I can't highly rate the remaining teachers because they have lost the best ones, and I don 't know who else is leaving.

If you care about your daughter, do not send her to Reach Academy for Girls. I have too many examples to list. Ask Holy Rosary why Reach will not be at their location any more. Look at the teacher turn over rate. Do a few surprise visits and go with your gut. Parents WANT the school to be good, but that is not the reality.

Reach Academy is good but i am beginning to think otherwise. The transportation planning is terrible. I am having a hard time understanding ho my daughter will get on the bus at 5.50am and be dropped off at 6.15pm. We are talking of 14 hours from rising up to getting back in the house. Don't forget that there is homework time and other things for the child. the child has no life now. the transport manager needs to do something as this reminds me of the first year the school started and i am not willing to have the same nonsense again. Reach i love you but i have to say goodbye. Why don't you get a more central area like Wilmington? where are the board members am beginning to wonder. Communication is terrible in this school. i call and nobody seems to know what i need For instance, they organize a back to school night for all students the place was congested nobody could hear anything because the PA system is a mess. That was a bad start for the year and i am afraid it will continue through as witnessed on the first day of school. also students report to school a week ahead no learning just watching movies and lunch. Reach where are you headed? Need professional help in management?

Wonderful school. this will be my daughter's third year. She is going into 8th grade. The school got off to a rocky start with bad leadership when it first started in 2012. However, since then it has constantly improved. My daughter's test scores increased significantly. Teachers provide plenty of attention and can easily be reached by phone, text, email or just dropping in. Sorry this will be her last year!!!!!

THIS SCHOOL IS SO SO ONLY BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER DOES NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING IN TO FIGHTS ON THE BUS AND IN SCHOOL, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE TEACHERS TERRIBLE!!! NO PHONE CALLS NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL, ONLY A FEW TEACHERS WILL REACH OUT TO YOU, I KNOW I HAD TO CONTACT THE PRINCIPAL IN ORDER TO GET SOMEONE TO GET BACK TO ME!! AND I STILL CAN'T GET ANYONE TO CONTACT ME WHEN I NEED THEM TO!!! SAD. AS FOR ALL THE MONEY THEY CHARGE FOR THIS AND FOR THAT I DON'T GET IT AT ALL!!! GOOD LUCK WITH ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PUT THERE CHILD IN THIS SCHOO.L

Love, Love, Love Reach Academy. There has truly never been a school like this. My daughter loves going to school everday since starting @ Reach last year. The teachers are excellent, they truly care about each child, are attentive to their different needs, and provide challenging work. The school leader is wonderful..she is very attentive and easy to talk to. Questions and concerns are answered promptly. Support staff is awesome also. I feel a real sense of family @ Reach, and knows my daughter does as well. This is the best education my daughter has gotten as I can see the change in her skills and knowledge. The all girl setting is terriffic as well. It provides a truly nurturing enviroment for learning. Reach gets an "A+" all around!!

What a great school Reach academy is? My daughter is now in 1st grade and she loves it here. The teacher/child relationship is wonderful. My daughter now knows how to read and write and she looks forward to school everyday. I went for back to school night yesterday and i was so impressed with the class environment, computer lab and art lab. Most amazing of all is the principal who is outstanding i the way she deals with parents. I recommend Reach Academy for an parent who has a girl child and looking forward for a great success

Last modified Reach Academy for Girls is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.