Hodgson (Paul M.) Vocational Technical High School 3

Posted June 19, 2013
Although not a bad school overall, I did notice and encounter some hang ups as a parent while my child was attending. With that said, school event fees were over the top (esp for the seniors) and found questionable, the school lacked showing how much the students were appreciated during their senior year, and last but not least, the school administration can greatly benefit from evaluating the teachers more often both with and without notice during their class sessions. I had a very big problem with one teacher who almost had me make it my mission in seeing her "walk" after I realized this specific teacher was targeting and setting up my overachiever child for failure, yet praising the delinquents for misconduct during class! Lets just say, I commend the administration team for handling that matter sooner than later and bottom line,

Hodgson (Paul M.) Vocational Technical High School 5

Posted February 16, 2012
As a parent of a "special needs" child I was thrilled when my daughter received that "stamp of approval" letter stating that she had been accepted to this great high school! In order to attend Hodgson Vo-Tech a child needs to have laid out the groundwork for acceptance long before the actual application process! Hodgson Vo-Tech is NOT exclusionary to any child, but as a parent it sure is nice to know that each years incoming Freshman class earned their spot! Prior to submitting their application eachchild must create an essay stating WHY they want to attend Hodgson. Incoming students must also possess both an academic and disciplinary record showing that they are consistently able to respect themselves and others. That is a nice thought knowing that potentially disruptive children are not distracting others! Both the educational and directorial/clerical staff are unwaveringly dedicated and accountable in guiding your childs education in order to reach his or her personal goals! I highly recommend this school.

Hodgson (Paul M.) Vocational Technical High School 4

Posted January 05, 2012
I love hodgson. My oldest son is a junior there and is doing well. i love the envireonment, the teachers and the expectation that is set for students is high but realistic. My son is planning to study pre-med in college and i believe he will do well because of the preparation from Hodgson. Dont get me wrong, this is not an academic aggresive environment like a private school but its not only the school who should influence a childs aceademic progress but the parent as well.

Hodgson (Paul M.) Vocational Technical High School
2575 Glasgow Avenue, Newark, DE  19702
Last modified Hodgson (Paul M.) Vocational Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hodgson (Paul M.) Vocational Technical High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews.