Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

they coddle the bullies and expect the victims to just put up with it, or stay clear of the bully/bullies. Both boys and girls are bullies and also victims of bullying,

Amount of homework: Disagree

Some nights we see 2-3 hours of homework, other nights they have NO HOMEWORK

Bullying is allowed to continue with no real consequences at all. The Admin is a joke. My wife and I have always raised our children to be well-behaved respectful individuals, but after years of torment, I told my son, "The next time that kid does that to you, pop him right in the mouth!" Being a really good kid, my son's response, "Dad, if I do that, then I'LL be in trouble!" So the lesson we learned at Holy Angels, "It's better to be the bully, than be bullied." What a horrible lesson to teach a young child. It never mattered how many meetings we had with the Admin, nothing ever changed in my son's years there. I don't know if they are spineless because they feel they need all the money they can get and can't afford to throw bullies out? I don't know. It never made sense to me. If they'd just throw out the 6-8 bullies, everyone would be much happier. Instead they do everything in their power to keep and protect those kids and everyone is miserable.

This used to be a great school. The educators are still great. The issue with the school is the lack of backbone that the principal and vice principal have. The amount of children with behavioral issues is astonishing. When these children act out, the principal and vice principal coddle them and keep them included to the detriment of the "good "kids and the detriment of the school. It's a shame what has happened to this school in the 5 year period that this admistratio has been in place.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The feeling I got this year is that if my intelligent child is not doing well, it is his fault. If an intelligent child gets grades that are not so good and his mother has to teach at home to get the grades back , then the teacher is not teaching effectively. God forbid because she has been there for years and she is a good teacher is all I heard. Administration does not enforce responsibilities of the teachers. They seem to run the show and do as they please.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Why so much homework.What are the children doing all day in 6.5 hours? I felt like no school,work,was being done in class.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Students are permitted to tell stories about other children and it is believed, true or not. Disciplinary measures were attempted with my child based on something another child said about my son bc he did not like him.

I had a good experience for 2 nd grade, so continued to keep him there for third grade. it was a challenge with one of his teachers who did not understand my son's disabilities due to his disorder. He Is not affected academically but fine motor and motor planning is a challenge so he is at a slower ace and does less school work. A modified education plan meeting was done but both of his teachers told me they did not have a copy later in the year. Recess detention is part of discipline policy, however, not enforced because my son refused the recess detention! When 4 th grade came there was no modified education plan meeting which was supposed to happen beginning of the year. I created one based on his 504 plan and last year's modified plan, had my Dr. Sign it and was told one of the teachers feels it is too much and she cannot do it. A meeting was held beginning of the year regarding my child's needs due to problems. Teachers were informed of strengths & weaknesses. They did exactly what I told them not to do because there would be problems with sensory issues and anxiety. Problem after problem until I finally pulled him out. Bullying is an issue, staff making inappropriate psychiatric diagnoses about my child, lack of adult supervision. Every time there was a problem, no adult witness. Everything was based upon what other children said, so inappropriate. There are cameras everywhere but no videos of when my child was picked on or when oh her children who,did not like him told stories. Now they are nickel and dining me with my refund bc I paid full.tuition for the year. So much for wanting my child to be in a Catholic Christian environment. Always asking for money like I have a money tree someplace. Tried to bully me into having a psychoeducation evaluation and paying out of pocket for it. My son is the 3 rd 4 th grade student no longer enrolled. Do not enroll your child if he/she has any special needs, there will be labeling & judging all around. Teachers there do not know how to deal with children who differ from the average child.

I enrolled my child, (with the age of 13) at Holy Angels considering its relatively cheap prices and I was trying to get away from the school my child came from, Independence. The academics in the middle school were extremely unacceptable. Even though my 13 year old 8th grader was in the highest phases at Holy Angels, he was learning material that he had learned in 6th grade, was using books that he had learned in sixth grade, and was more than a year ahead in his 8th grade "Algebra 1" class. He came from taking a harder course, Algebra 1, his previous year at Independence, and he was learning easier material as an eighth grader compared to seventh grade at Independence. In addition, Geometry was not even offered in 8th grade while it is at Independence. I was disturbed by how easy the material was covered in my son's eighth grade class. Although the administration is nice, the education is horrid.

All in all a great school, they have slipped a bit in following up with parents on certain issues, it's like they just totally blew us off. Even when reminding them about it we never heard back. Aftercare is expensive. they nickel and dime us for every little thing. the rule making parents buy uniforms from Rush Uniform is a crock of nonsense, what kind of deal does HA have with them? But our kids are safe... getting a good education.

Last modified Holy Angels Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8