Holy Angels Elementary School 1

Posted October 09, 2014
I enrolled my child, (with the age of 13) at Holy Angels considering its relatively cheap prices and I was trying to get away from the school my child came from, Independence. The academics in the middle school were extremely unacceptable. Even though my 13 year old 8th grader was in the highest phases at Holy Angels, he was learning material that he had learned in 6th grade, was using books that he had learned in sixth grade, and was more than a year ahead in his 8th grade "Algebra 1" class. He came from taking a harder course, Algebra 1, his previous year at Independence, and he was learning easier material as an eighth grader compared to seventh grade at Independence. In addition, Geometry was not even offered in 8th grade while it is at Independence. I was disturbed by how easy the material was covered in my son's eighth grade class. Although the administration is nice, the education is horrid.

Holy Angels Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2014
All in all a great school, they have slipped a bit in following up with parents on certain issues, it's like they just totally blew us off. Even when reminding them about it we never heard back. Aftercare is expensive. they nickel and dime us for every little thing. the rule making parents buy uniforms from Rush Uniform is a crock of nonsense, what kind of deal does HA have with them? But our kids are safe... getting a good education.

Holy Angels Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2014
We had a horrible experience with this school. First the prek-3 teacher quit at xmas. The new teacher was lovely but the school kept admitting students (sometime, 2 year old who weren't potty trained). On any day the class would have 17-25 students with ONE teacher. A child in prek-3 managed to get himself locked out of the school and the prek-3 class (it's in a trailer behind the school) due to not being properly escorted to his class. Our other child was in kindergarten and that wasn't much better. The content and pace was overwhelming. They start Terra Nova testing in kindergarten. We were constantly meeting with the teacher (who's spellilng abilities were less than acceptable on a regular basis) about our child's performance and behavior. We were advised to have our child evaluated by the school district. We did. His results came back average for his age. Nothing below average and even a few components above average. His teacher suggested retaining him in kindergarten. When we met with the school district, after seen the results of his evaluation and tests throughout the year, they advised not to. It was a disaster year. My kids will not be returninng.

Holy Angels Elementary School
82 Possum Park Road, Newark, DE  19711
Last modified Holy Angels Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Angels Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top