Heritage Christian Academy

Private | K-6

Student diversity

Living in Newark

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $151,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $950.

Sweep tile

Posted March 28, 2006

Heritage Christian Academy is one the finest schools in the state. Our children have attended the school since 2003 and we could not be more pleased. The school pledges its allegience to God and Country, and sadly is under attack for that. We stand proud of our school in honor of our God and our Country, and forgive those who know not what they do. Thank You.

Posted November 28, 2005

This year will be my son s second year with HCA. Being a single parent, it was a hard decision to make because of the cost, but I thank God everyday for bringing us to HCA. My son has made the principle s list almost every marking period last year, and did very well on the National Stanford Achievement Test last year. The teachers are loving and very patient with the children. He comes home and teaches me about the Lord! It s a great feeling knowing he s getting the best education available, not only with academics but also in his spiritual growth. It s amazing to see the changes! Pray, and trust God s guidance!

Posted September 20, 2005

My name is Brittany and I am a previous High School student of HCA. It is my personal conviction that this is the best school out there. Not only is it a pleasant environment, but the students get a one-on-one interaction and attention here, that I have never seen paralleled by any other educational facility. The teachers here are kind and caring, and give children the kind of education that will be with them for a lifetime. The principal of this school is so dedicated and gives 100% of his time and his love to making this school a safe learning environment. The curriculum here is very advanced for each grade; however the teachers never leave anyone confused or behind; which allows each student to learn and grow without being overwhelmed. Without this school I probably wouldn't have as strong of a moral foundation as I do now.

Posted September 11, 2005

Our family attended this school for several years. If the school and the leadership really provide what they promise, this would be a great school. I found the leadership to be hypocritical. Teach and say one thing but behind closed doors act and run the school another way. My children did learn skills that will be helpful in highschool and college (if they do not forget them by the time they get there); however, they lacked basic elementary skills. They were each behind one year in math. They did learn the difference between a true christian and one that just pretends to be. They also learned how people can be controlled an manipulated when someone abuses and twists the Word of God.

Posted September 11, 2005

My children attended this school for a few years. I witnessed several times that when the school took feild study trips the children were not always accounted for. No one counted the children or even assigned certain children to certain chaperons. I was always very involved because I saw the need to assure the safety of my children. Some of the teachers were loving and kind and one was very unkind and even seemed distraught at times. There were not many extracurricular activities offered. When these issues were brought to the principal and superintendent they told me I was over reacting. I pulled my children out and it was the best decision I have ever made in the education of my children.

Posted September 9, 2005

Both of my girls started attending HCA 5 years ago. Enrolling my children in HCA was a huge faith decision for me as a single mother because of several personal obstacles but I can tell you that it was the best decision I have made thus far, not only for the academic growth of my children but also for the Spiritual growth of our family. Academically, both of my girls are Honor Roll Students and my eldest girl recieved National Level Recognition in math and scored in the top 98% for the National Stanford Achievement Test. The Principle Approach has given them a wealth of learning how to research and reason through God's Word and how to bring Christ into every subject and ultimately into their everyday lives. The teachers and especially the Principle provided an environment of love, safety and learning. This type of education is priceless. We are so thankful.

Posted September 9, 2005

I am a Former High School student from HCA. I attended this school for almost 6 years, and I can honestly say that It is the best school I have ever been to. The teachers at this school give a caring one on one interaction with each student that I have never seen paralleled by any other school. The Principal of this school is the most caring and dedicated individual I have ever met. He puts 100% of his love and time into this school to make it the absolute best that It can be. Due to this school, not only did I get into Honors Courses at my new school, but my teachers are shocked by the level of Self-Government and Academic Responsibility that I obtained from attending this incredible school. If you send your children here; they will take with them something great! I highly recommend HCA!

Posted September 6, 2005

The Quality of academic programs is over rated. If you investigate further you will find an alarming number of students actually fell behind when leaving HCA and attending other schools including public. There also seems to be a high number of expulsions or 'forced transfers' among high school age boys. Open houses are very well orchestrated and the children are coached what to say when visitors come. I would think that over half of the students leaving and 3/4 of the teachers resigning would speak volumes about Heritage Christian Academy.

Posted August 12, 2005

I had all six of my children at this school ,some from the day it opened.I have had many other experiences at other christian schools that thankfully gave me a baseline to compare.I also was a school nurse for a christian school for 3 years. I don't believe this school has the academic excellence it claims. The youngest had trouble testing into a new private school because the curriculum was 2 full grades behind the average. Extracurricular activities were minimal and inconsistent. Collectively, our 4 year stay here was not beneficial.

Posted July 30, 2005

Heritage is a good school that has a great core concept and philosophy of Christian education. The students are well prepared and balance children. The Principal approach is not for everyone. Students who lack motivation and commitment are best to attend other schools. Parents looking for lots of extra activities need only to roll up their sleeves and get involved. Critics and complainers will find problems with any school. I'd recommend HCA to anyone who wants a well balanced and Christ centered education.

Posted July 25, 2005

I thought coming from a public school to Heritage would be an adjustment for my kids, and it was. They had to get use to small class sizes, everybody knowing their names, and loving teachers that can actually give them a hug if they need one. The other kids are positive, kind, and respectful. And I have never seen so many parents involved not only in field trips but day to day things as well. I have heard some negative things said about HCA, and I considered not sending my kids there next year. I prayed a lot and looked very closely at the school, but I ve seen only positive things. All of the people are wonderful, my kids are grades ahead of when they started, and we grow in our knowledge of the Lord every day. I look forward to another year at Heritage, and many more I hope.

Posted July 13, 2005

The teachers are good caring people. The school itself is run very poorly. instead of putting all the money into a building they should have invested in teacher salaries, programs fort he children, sports, band. etc.. I would look elsewhere, to a school with more to offer for the price.

Posted June 22, 2005

This school is a good school! Yes, it is small and does not offer much in extracurricular activities (at this moment) but this school is still in it's beginning years. The administration of HCA are going forward to make this school a better place for each of the students. Without parents 'volunteer' involvement in the school (which is key to it's success), puts unnessary pressure on the principal & the teachers who work endless hours to prepare. My recommendations as you look at this school is don't let negative comments about this school deter you from at least going and seeing the heart of this school! The administration & teachers truly love the students!

Posted April 5, 2005

Both my children needed to take remedial classes when I placed them back into public school. The faciliities are less than adequate and the current enrollment decline is reflective of the overall parental disappointment. The best thing to say about HCA is the tuition is cheap. Anyone having additional questions can contact me at cecilwill@aol.com.

Posted March 31, 2005

We pulled our children from the school. Many teachers had a sincere love of teaching and the students, but not all. The school is closer to a home school coop than a private christian education. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 28, 2005

I am a previous parent and teacher at HCA. If you have any questions you may e-mail me at badnblond01@aol.com. I had 4 children in the school that still suffer from thier time at HCA.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 23, 2005

My son started in kindergarten at Heritage Christian Academy this year. My husband and I are absolutely delighted with the quality of education,class size and Christian fellowship that our son receives. The teachers,principal and ancillary staff are outstanding. This is my third child; my older two both attended Christian schools, so I have something to compare with. Had this school been in existence earlier, I would have sent my other two children.(who are now in High School)I would highly recommend Heritage Christian to any parent who not only values the quality of education their child receives, but who also wants their child to know the love and acceptance that is found in an environment where the Spirit of Christ is a main priority.

Posted August 19, 2004

This is a school that has gone through several office personel in the 3 years my children went there and in that time the school was to cheap to pay any of them and therefore the record keeping stinks. They do not have many things listed properly after we left we found out our children were listed in wrong grades and my daughter was even listed as a male. Pay a teacher or office person and they may work better for you. I would never send my kids to another school like this again and in the year we left so did about 20 other families. that speaks for itself.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious