No rating

Learning Express Academy

Private | K-5 | 200 students

Living in Newark

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $175,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,170.

Posted November 18, 2013

I moved to a good school district with the expectation that my daughter would attend school in her neighborhood. I came to LEA to give it a try for kindergarten. My daughter is now in the fifth grade. I drive 30 minutes to LEA each morning to drop her off. I wouldn't change it for the world. I love the family friendly environment. My daughter excels academically and socially at LEA.

Posted November 18, 2011

What can I say... my daughter absolutely loved this school. She was enrolled pre-k through 5th grade. I always felt she was in good hands and that the staff truelly cared about each student. She enjoyed the teachers so much and the friends she gained there. She now goes to 6th grade at a private school in the area and her first report card was all A's. Even with all that the new school has to offer her heart is still with LEA. She's always saying she wishes LEA had a Middle School so she could still be there. Thank again LEA!!!

Posted September 27, 2010

This school is one of the best private schools in the area. I love the low student to teacher ratio and the strong academic curriculum. My daughter has completed kindergarten at LEA and is currently in the 1st grade. Her teachers are caring, the atmosphere is great and she really enjoys going to school. The administration is very friendly and quick to address any concerns you may have. I would highly recomend this private elementary school to any parent.

Posted March 7, 2010

My daughter was a student for 3 years (ages 3 to 6) and I have nothing but great things to say about this school. The owners and staff are caring and accessible. They provide the best atmosphere for intellectual and social development. I enthusiastically endorse this school.

Posted February 3, 2010

My son has been at this school for 5 months and is doing very well. The teachers are very professional and caring and the staff is extremely helpful and pleasant. We have had very positivie experiences here.

Posted July 28, 2008

I enrolled my 4-year old daughter in the summer camp and she is having lots of fun! She never wanted to go to school before, dropped out twice and now she wants to even on weekends. Can you believe that?

Posted July 7, 2008

I cant express my love for this school enough!!!! The teachers/staff are truly gifted with what they have to offer....and every child is blessed to be a part of such a loving caring learning enviornment.

Posted April 16, 2008

Wow! Parents- I cannot say enough about this school. I moved my daughter from another private school to this school at the beginning of the year. The classes are so small, about 10-15 children per class. Could you ask for more? The teacher's care about every child. I would recommend this school to everyone. A+++++

Posted March 19, 2008

My child struggled before coming to LEA. We have found this school to be filled with caring teachers, staff and families. If you are looking for a small school where each child is valued...then look no further!

Posted January 22, 2008

Learning Express Academy offers a very friendly atmosphere with great student to teacher ratio. My child is in Kindergarten and has the opportunity to learn spanish, computers. The dedication of the staff is far beyond anything you could imagine... Ist class all the way

Posted January 2, 2008

Great facilities and a very nice management/teaching staff. Overall, a wonderful environment for children to learn.

Posted July 13, 2007

Learning Express Academy offers a family atmosphere with low student teacher ratios and small class sizes. It is our goal to provide students with the individual attention necessary for their academic success and social development.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted July 13, 2007

The family atmosphere and dedication to the students is fantastic!
—Submitted by a staff

Asian or Pacific Islander 15% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 7:00am
School end time
  • 6:00pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school