Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Newark Center For Creative Learning 5

Posted October 19, 2015
My child attended NCCL from Grades 3-5, when we moved. I would say to check out the location for yourself. It is on a quiet street, but sometimes there is a train that goes by (if you're familiar with the University of Delaware, you can't escape the train!). Her teachers were loving, attentive, and supportive. She blossomed. Now she is in middle school and earning straight A's - she is in all Honors classes. She wasn't behind in any of her subjects. In fact, her teachers comment about how thoughtful she is about her friends and her school work. I highly recommend NCCL.

Posted May 16, 2015
This is the worst school I have ever seen run! First of all the location is terrible. Its a busy one way street that makes pick up nearly impossible and not to mention the rehab house at the end of the road. Second, the faculty here is horrible. Anytime I have asked them for help it has been met with snooty comments and passing me off the the next person that doesn't care. I can't think of any bigger waste of money than sending my child here. There are far better schools in better locations with faculty better equip to handle the needs of children. They are inattentive at recess and in just about every other aspect of the school. Its sickening the number of times I've seen young children playing outside with no supervision. Really do your research and think twice before sending your child here. It will save you from many frustrating conversations with a faculty that truly doesn't care about you or your child

Posted May 16, 2015
This school is horrible. I live near the school, and witness bullying everyday. The teachers do nothing about it, and watch it. The teachers are irresponsible.

Posted December 16, 2013
This school has some good features, but overall the teachers and staff are not open to considering how they might improve the school. Feedback, is not welcome.

Newark Center For Creative Learning 5

Posted February 18, 2012
My older son went to NCCL for Kindergarten through 8th grade. He transitioned to Newark High School with no issues. He has been in honors classes all through high school. He is now a senior, taking 4 AP classes and is doing well in all of them. He has also been accepted at all of the colleges he applied to. I attribute much of this to NCCL, where he learned HOW to learn, and didn't just memorize rote facts. He also learned how to communicate well with other people, both adults and children. The local public schools are forced to teach toward the state testing; not so at NCCL, where kids can actually have fun learning. My younger son is now in 7th grade at NCCL and is becoming a well-rounded person. I am confident that he will be well prepared for high school, just as his brother was. NCCL might not be the right school for everyone, but my husband and I have both been very happy at how our sons have turned out as a result of attending NCCL.

Newark Center For Creative Learning 3

Posted December 06, 2011
Overall I would rate this school as fair. I would say that the majority of the faculty were good and had a mastery of the subjects they were teaching The early groups were weak academically. I am basing this decision on having taken our children out primarily because we had moved. Our younger kids were way behind in Math and close to gradel level in Reading. Our midddle schooler seemed to know some things but be completely lacking in other areas. The teachers at the new school said this can happen whenever you change schools. But when my younger children entered second and third grade the teachers felt they were very unprepared. We needed to get tutoring to get them up to speed. The written reports from NCCL and feedback from the teachers were glowing. So it was a surprise to find out that they were behind their peers in their new school. Again my middle schooler just had the usual adjustments to make going to a new school - somethings had been covered some things had not.

Newark Center For Creative Learning