Newark Center For Creative Learning 1

Posted December 16, 2013
This school has some good features, but overall the teachers and staff are not open to considering how they might improve the school. Feedback, is not welcome.

Newark Center For Creative Learning 5

Posted February 18, 2012
My older son went to NCCL for Kindergarten through 8th grade. He transitioned to Newark High School with no issues. He has been in honors classes all through high school. He is now a senior, taking 4 AP classes and is doing well in all of them. He has also been accepted at all of the colleges he applied to. I attribute much of this to NCCL, where he learned HOW to learn, and didn't just memorize rote facts. He also learned how to communicate well with other people, both adults and children. The local public schools are forced to teach toward the state testing; not so at NCCL, where kids can actually have fun learning. My younger son is now in 7th grade at NCCL and is becoming a well-rounded person. I am confident that he will be well prepared for high school, just as his brother was. NCCL might not be the right school for everyone, but my husband and I have both been very happy at how our sons have turned out as a result of attending NCCL.

Newark Center For Creative Learning 3

Posted December 06, 2011
Overall I would rate this school as fair. I would say that the majority of the faculty were good and had a mastery of the subjects they were teaching The early groups were weak academically. I am basing this decision on having taken our children out primarily because we had moved. Our younger kids were way behind in Math and close to gradel level in Reading. Our midddle schooler seemed to know some things but be completely lacking in other areas. The teachers at the new school said this can happen whenever you change schools. But when my younger children entered second and third grade the teachers felt they were very unprepared. We needed to get tutoring to get them up to speed. The written reports from NCCL and feedback from the teachers were glowing. So it was a surprise to find out that they were behind their peers in their new school. Again my middle schooler just had the usual adjustments to make going to a new school - somethings had been covered some things had not.

Newark Center For Creative Learning 5

Posted January 14, 2011
Great school is an understatement... this is the BEST. There is no other school like NCCL in the state of Delaware and I am delighted that we found it. My boys absolutely love it and it has truly fostered a "love of learning". If you can afford it, by all means do not deprive your child of this experience, as it will remain with them forever.

Newark Center For Creative Learning