Smith (Jennie E.) Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2014
We were warned about this school when we moved into the neighborhood. Interestingly enough, all the information was coming from parents who had never had a child in the school. We've been pleasantly surprised with our experience. Both of our children are doing well, teachers for the most part have been excellent. Any concerns we've had have been promptly addressed by staff and administration. It's an older, sad looking building, many of the students come from disadvantaged backgrounds, but I'd still send my kids there if I had to do it again. There's true learning taking place.

Smith (Jennie E.) Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
Both my sons started this school in the 2013 - 2014 school year. My oldest son has come home almost every day stating that he is being picked on in one way or another. He has reported the other child to the teacher. The teacher states that she is reporting everything to the school counselor. However, the school year is almost over and yet it still seems as though nothing has been done to the other child. The other child picks / bullys everyone to the point even the vice principal knows him personally. I am very disappointed in the way the school handles bullying. They think handing out the Smith Stars for good behavior is enough. What about parent meetings or expulsion for excessive continuous bullying. I really think that the school needs to re-evaluate the consequences for the students who don't receive Smith Stars and who are out of control.

Smith (Jennie E.) Elementary School 5

Posted October 24, 2013
My kids just started attending this school. I love this school the teachers, principal, and vice principle are so nice and respectable. My kids love it here and so do I.

Smith (Jennie E.) Elementary School
142 Brennen Drive, Newark, DE  19713
Last modified Smith (Jennie E.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith (Jennie E.) Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 3 reviews.