Bad
Good

Posted September 23, 2014
I'm laughing at the disgust the parents have on here. I was curious how my school was rated and seeing such low scores, I can't help but scoff. I've been a student of Kirk for all three years and let me tell you, if your child is failing, it's most likely their fault. There are some teachers that I dislike greatly and will probably be the reason your student fails due to the teacher's poor instructing skills and lack of organization ( I have a certain English teacher in mind ) but if they can get past that obstacle your child will be fine. I'm a higher education student I'd say as being placed into only the most advanced classes they have to offer and I have a healthy social life as well. Some of the staff can be unbelievable at times and these days, intense bullying is rare. If you have any concerns, take it from a student, your child will be fine.

Kirk (George V.) Middle School 1

Posted April 01, 2014
Shut it DOWN!! This school or lack of, is a complete disgrace. As one disgusted parent mentioned, my daughter has more gossip to share with me (from the degenerate students to the incompetent teachers and staff) then what she has learned. What can I say other than that this joke of a school is a complete dump and please if you value your child's education towards a successful future, don't settle and fight for what's deserved to them because this dump will only take that away. Good luck!

Posted July 27, 2013
Ok fist of all I'm a student so I should know more then you parents. Fist of all not all teachers r bad some r really great like most of the math teachers and the enrichment teacher is great too. And there is gossip in every school and about the bulling like I said before its in every school you parents r 2 protective

Kirk (George V.) Middle School 1

Posted June 19, 2013
AWFUL!!!! Most of the teachers there are jokes and seem to only be there for the paycheck. From doing very well up until 7th grade in this hoodlum educational (?) institution, my daughter had more gossip to share with me then reporting what she has learned. What a disgrace and as for the school administrators, don't let me get started on that circus act. Although one more year left in this asylum, we've decided to sacrifice and enroll our kid to where the meaning of valuable education truly matters and the teachers prove that. So disgusted.

Posted January 22, 2013
I have no idea why they are so many bad reviews about this school.My daughter is presently studying and I have no complaints.I get emails every week regarding academics and what 's going in class and child's performance.They had student portfolio, where parent visit school and student shows all the classwork and academic performance and explains everything to the parent in presence of teacher after teacher gives her explanation about the child.It is nice that parents know ans see what actually going in school.Lockers are in the classroom.After school program has lot of activities.Teachers are friendly.

Kirk (George V.) Middle School
140 Brennen Drive, Newark, DE  19713
Last modified Kirk (George V.) Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.