Posted September 05, 2014
What? this school is great! People are judging this school of how it looks. It's how the children get an education that matters. I give this school a (: !!!!

Gauger-Cobbs Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2013
I went to this school for 2 years, they have these thin walls you can hear everything that other classes are saying and they don't really help you what so ever with educational help or to understand something . The rugs are taped together. There were so many fights every day. Teachers are rude. Kids distract classes so you CAN'T focas on what they're teaching. This school is incredibly boring.

Gauger-Cobbs Middle School 3

Posted May 01, 2012
I love this school, most teachers are nice and really care. They make learning interesting. My favorite teacher ever was Mrs.Gilpin. (6th grade social studies). Theres only a few problems. 1- the carpets. they are so old and are ductaped together in some places. 2- The walls and ceilings. The walls arent very stable, because when the school was built there were no inside walls and they were added later. The ceilings leak when it rains. And lastly, the busses. They are WAY overcrouded, late ALL the time, and atleast one bus breaks down every month. But I'd say for the most part at Gauger, the good outweighs the bad. With everything I said about the problems there, it might seem like a not-so-good school. But really, its a pretty good school. . dont think Gauger is a bad school because of what I said. There is no perfect public middle school. Gauger is about as close as it gets. (: I love this school. They do so much to prevent bullying, so much. And almost always, it works. But, like I said, nothings perfect. Theres nothing more they could do to prevent bullying. The education is really good too (: Right now i'm doing 7th grade work in 6 grade. (: Ok, im out of room now. Byeee :) :)

Gauger-Cobbs Middle School 1

Posted December 21, 2011
This school does not care about my childs education as much as they should! Being an educator in a school system there number one priority should be TEACHING!! what happened to our mentors!! I been struggling with teachers in this school for 2 years.. seems to me they are just there to collect a paycheck. :(

Gauger-Cobbs Middle School 1

Posted December 03, 2010
This school is horrible. My son has been bullied, pantsed and tormented from the very first day he stepped foot on campus. The principal says she's committed to education but she delegates the discipline to her associates and doesnt seem to comprehend that a child that is in a negative environment can't learn.

Posted October 10, 2010
The Principal and classroom staff keep me abreast of what is going on with my student on a consistent basis

Posted August 24, 2010
this school is real good and fun. i am going into the 7th grade and i love it. I acttulay cant wait to go back. if u like sports they have a basketball team soccer team.If you like arts and music its good to.The teachers are nice.But it has no windows so with the ac it can get cold

Gauger-Cobbs Middle School
50 Gender Road, Newark, DE  19713
Last modified Gauger-Cobbs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gauger-Cobbs Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top