Posted September 26, 2013
Great School.Teachers are very kind and helpful. Overall I am very much pleased.Overall very much happy with the school.

Gallaher (Robert S.) Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
I am very happy with Gallaher.My daughter has been doing great in the school.They always helped her to improve where she lags.

Posted November 22, 2012
Gallaher has been absolutely fantastic with our autistic daughter. After a year of regression in a "special" school with the Christina School District we felt hesitant about yet another school. The staff at Gallaher has made it their business to know our child and the IEP she has is literally the "Bible" as far as her educational program is concerned.

Gallaher (Robert S.) Elementary School 1

Posted January 16, 2012
This school has frequent staff turn over. Which is always a problem indicator in any school. A school is only as good as the supports for all students and documented actual progress. They lack support for children with iep's in addition to classroom support for teachers. If your child is an average learner, they will do OK, standard researched based programs that, "Anyone can teach, based on the scriptured nature of the program", Haha. Expectations for LD children and children from poverty are low and not alotted instruction that is taught effectively. Your child will be aged out of the school system without being prepared for society or to thier ability. If your child needs support other than a typical learner beware..no expectations or low expectations, support varies with teacher. Not a school that is fair to all children, which is the bases of NCLB. They teach to the test, which is the explaination for the blue ribbon award. To a concerned teacher or parent, recommend going to the Brandywine school district special PTA website, read the article about low preforming schools that embraced NCLB. Inspiring. Good Luck.

Posted January 16, 2011
I am very pleased with Gallaher. My child's teachers have been wonderful in helping her learn and develop. They have always seen the best in her and worked to help her improve where she needs improvement.

Posted November 01, 2010
Gallaher is the hidden jewel of DE. Though my kid is now in 7th grade in a so-called "superior" school district, IMO there's no better school here than Gallaher. Their test scores are always among the highest in the state. They were 1 of 4 DE schools to receive 2010 National Blue Ribbon Award. I got to know many teachers though volunteerism; they had an excellent and caring staff. (Only 2 I didn't care for, out of maybe 100?) Strong enforcement of their "PAWS" program (Practice problem-solving, Act responsibly, Win respect, Show kindness). Staff very much respects the tremendous parental involvement here. Though they've lost some wonderful staff (due to retirement or career opportunities), I still feel so strongly about the excellence of this school that when I ran across this site, I HAD to brag about Gallaher. LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted September 28, 2010
I love Gallaher Elementary. I currently have two children attending the school. My daughter is in the third grade and she is soaring like an "Iron Butterfly". My son is in the fifth grade and he has an IEP and is doing a wonderful job. The school has made all the necessary arrangements to help my son, and as a parent it is necessary to make sure I do my part as well. As a parent I will always advocate for my children because they are the future. Adriane Anderson-Strange

Gallaher (Robert S.) Elementary School
800 North Brownleaf Road, Newark, DE  19713
Last modified Gallaher (Robert S.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gallaher (Robert S.) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.