Newark, DE

West Park Place Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2015
It's one of the worst schools I have ever seen in my life, and the principal is doing a very bad job their . No control over the teachers , they can do a lousy job and mess up with the poor children with nobody who can supervise them . No good equipments,nothing good about this school and i mean it nothing. I would never ever recommend it for anybody !

West Park Place Elementary School
Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 24, 2015
Just emotionally hurting them because of lazy teachers. Teachers are doing sloppy job and nobody has any control over them.

Posted May 19, 2015
I have only all good things to say aboout this school. My son only attended this school for one year ( being a military family we move frequently). He had amazing improvement in his academics. The second grade teacher Ms. Henderson is amazing. Ms. Sarthi was very good ( My son had IEP for speech). He got amazing support from these teachers and eventually became top 1% of the class. A lot of his social anxiety was gone due to the mixed race environment of the school. Overall I am very satisfied with the school. Too bad we are moving again!!

Posted August 12, 2014
My son went to West Park from K to most part of 1st grade. He loved this school (so did us parents)! Students are from all over the world and my son himself is Asian, and he learned to respect other cultures and had friends from many different cultural background. He didn't speak English at all when he entered kindergarten, but didn't feel left out and loved going to school every single day. I also liked the fact that this is not a big school, so students and teachers know each other well. Also, My husband really enjoyed Brown Bag Lunch day with kids once a month. Teachers are eager to teach and treat students equally. There are music and art classes which I don't find at my son's current school. My son was introduced to many books during attending West Park and now enjoys reading above-grade level books without parents' help. Unfortunately we had to move out of state in spring. My son misses West Park a lot and talks about friends, teachers and the experiences he got there frequently. I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 27, 2014
I like this school, both the principal and academy principal are very nice and considerate, teachers treat each child fairly, PTA president is very active to serve for this school. And due to the special student pool, this school is very open to different culture, respect all the students from different country. This school has enough facility for all grades students to reach the learning resource, like gym, art, library and music, kid got lots of exposure to all these, not just reading, math, social and science. Also since this school is a multiculture school, teachers respect students, students learnt to respect different cultures therefore different kind of personality. All these are very good for kid's development. Everyone knows the test score is not only based on teachers' teaching method, but also depends on each student and his/her family, so test score is not the only evaluation method. Overall I would still recommend this elementary school.

Posted February 05, 2014
This school is really good. The teachers treat all kids same, there is always a backup teacher there to help any other student. The teachers are fair with work and they have a good way to teach kids the way the kid needa ro learn it. The food may not be AS good, but at leat some of the food is. There is no bullying and kids play great together. I hope this helped and i reccomend this school for your kids. Thank you

West Park Place Elementary School
193 West Park Place, Newark, DE  19711
Last modified West Park Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Park Place Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top