Bad
Good

My Daughter has been there since they opened and she enjoys it very much. They have many extra curricular activities like band, athletics and clubs. The teachers are better than most of Christina School District (which isn't hard). There have been growing pains, and the class sizes are a bit too large per teacher. They are big on common core for the state of DE. We are not sure about that curriculum, but I am sure the competent teachers there will do their best to make sure the students learn and comprehend. The PTO is awesome and many parents are involved.

This is my son's first year in this school, so far I love it. All the staff is wonderful .

As a parent of an ASPIRANTE since the inception, I can attest to the phenomenal growth of this school. I am very impressed with the curriculum and activities offered which include but are not limited to; QUEST, band/choir, athletics, Chinese lessons, boy scouts, Girls on the Run and a plethora of clubs that are available to the students by their choosing, these vary by the grade level and can include the Lego and chess club, the game show club and even yoga! This helps cultivate well rounded pupils! School's trademark is that it is a bilingual & college prep curriculum. I wish English speaking parents were given more opportunities build our own literacy in Spanish as well - so we can also be more involved in working with the students in their immersion process. Multiple subjects, including math come home in Spanish. My biggest qualm is that some teachers are young and new grads but they are very easy to work with. Just like many of the previous reviewers, this school is very family oriented. You will soon learn many folks by name and they will know you also. The school really encourages parental involvement, & the school's administration team is awesome.

I would definately recommend this school for anyone looking for a friendly atmosphere where the kids enjoy learning. My son is currently in 1st grade and I am excited for my other son to begin kindergarten next year!

Aspira is an amazing, inspiring place to learn!! I have 2 munchkins, 1st and 4th grades, and they are quickly becoming bilingual in addition to being challenged in all academic areas. So pleased with the faculty and staff - can't say enough good things!!!!!

My son is starting his fourth year(K-3) at LAAA and my daughter is starting her first. Our family is very lucky to have found this GREAT SCHOOL! There is a sense of community and I feel that my children are being challenged by this great group of educators!

The faculty, leaders and parents are thoroughly committed to the success of this school. The curriculum is rigorous and challenging and it has fostered an environment where teamwork and collaboration are critical to it's continued success. My children love Aspira!

Excellent school and great place to work! I wish this school was available to me when I was attending school! :)

This school is a caring community with a focus on excellence and children as a whole. The families, staff, students, and instruction are all great and it's such a fun place to be!

Absolutely love the faculty, staff and school "family". Everyone truely cares and is passionate about this school and it's quality education. They are definitely the leaders of the pack when it comes to a model for education. The immersion program is absolutely amazing to see in progress and the results are astounding. We feel so lucky to be a apart of LAAA and can't wait to see what the future holds for this fabulous school and community.

Last modified Las Americas ASPIRA Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.