Posted October 21, 2014
As a parent of an ASPIRANTE since the inception, I can attest to the phenomenal growth of this school. I am very impressed with the curriculum and activities offered which include but are not limited to; QUEST, band/choir, athletics, Chinese lessons, boy scouts, Girls on the Run and a plethora of clubs that are available to the students by their choosing, these vary by the grade level and can include the Lego and chess club, the game show club and even yoga! This helps cultivate well rounded pupils! School's trademark is that it is a bilingual & college prep curriculum. I wish English speaking parents were given more opportunities build our own literacy in Spanish as well - so we can also be more involved in working with the students in their immersion process. Multiple subjects, including math come home in Spanish. My biggest qualm is that some teachers are young and new grads but they are very easy to work with. Just like many of the previous reviewers, this school is very family oriented. You will soon learn many folks by name and they will know you also. The school really encourages parental involvement, & the school's administration team is awesome.

Posted October 20, 2014
I would definately recommend this school for anyone looking for a friendly atmosphere where the kids enjoy learning. My son is currently in 1st grade and I am excited for my other son to begin kindergarten next year!

Posted October 19, 2014
Aspira is an amazing, inspiring place to learn!! I have 2 munchkins, 1st and 4th grades, and they are quickly becoming bilingual in addition to being challenged in all academic areas. So pleased with the faculty and staff - can't say enough good things!!!!!

Posted October 17, 2014
My son is starting his fourth year(K-3) at LAAA and my daughter is starting her first. Our family is very lucky to have found this GREAT SCHOOL! There is a sense of community and I feel that my children are being challenged by this great group of educators!

Posted October 17, 2014
The faculty, leaders and parents are thoroughly committed to the success of this school. The curriculum is rigorous and challenging and it has fostered an environment where teamwork and collaboration are critical to it's continued success. My children love Aspira!

Posted October 16, 2014
Excellent school and great place to work! I wish this school was available to me when I was attending school! :)
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 16, 2014
This school is a caring community with a focus on excellence and children as a whole. The families, staff, students, and instruction are all great and it's such a fun place to be!

Posted October 16, 2014
Absolutely love the faculty, staff and school "family". Everyone truely cares and is passionate about this school and it's quality education. They are definitely the leaders of the pack when it comes to a model for education. The immersion program is absolutely amazing to see in progress and the results are astounding. We feel so lucky to be a apart of LAAA and can't wait to see what the future holds for this fabulous school and community.

Posted October 16, 2014
So very thankful that we took a chance on a brand new school as our first child was about to begin kindergarten. ASPIRA is absolutely amazing-providing our children with a challenging curriculum, a community of acceptance and comfort for the students, amazing, dedicated educators and administrators, and technology to keep the students one step ahead. Now beginning out fourth year as an ASPIRA family, our second son has started kindergarten and on his way to follow in his brother's footsteps. My sons know each face in the entire school and are greeted, by name, by both students and staff. We've invited our friends to check out our school, and many have been lucky enough to hear their name on lottery day! I'd encourage anyone seeking out a challenging, bilingual charter school to visit ASPIRA.

Posted October 16, 2014
I am so thankful that we decided to go with ASPIRA from the very first day. We have been with the school since the day the doors opened. This school has grown leaps and bounds!!! I have watched my shy children blossom into amazing students. When they struggle, the help is there. When the school community needs something, we all step up to help out. I cannot say enough amazing things about how much my children have learned, not only in English, math, science, social studies, but also en Espanol!!!

Las Americas ASPIRA Academy
326 Ruthar Drive, Newark, DE  19711
Last modified Las Americas ASPIRA Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Americas ASPIRA Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top