Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Sports, Kids, Teachers, Administration is all amazing and want to help. Offers many clubs and extra activities. Amazing class spirit and an overall amazing high school.

We are currently researching homeschooling options for our high school student enrolled at Smyrna High. That is how desperate we are to get our child out of this school. This is the worst school we have ever experienced. My son was bullied and had his life threatened last year. We contacted the administration via email and also had meetings with the principal. NOTHING was done to the students. Bullying and terroristic threats (yes, being told he is going to be killed) have continued into this school year and has pushed our child into a state of depression. In the past, we have gone to the superintendent of the district and received no support. I'm sure there are students that have a great experience at this school. However, if your child is unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of bullying or false accusations, this school will fail your child.

This school is a amazing school for following your dreams, there are a billion different classes and career pathways and clubs for anything that you want to do. Our athletic program is amazing. We just won $25,000 from the CelebrateMyDrive campaign which is a huge accomplishment. There is a ton of school spirit whenever we have a pep rally or anything. The food is not that bad, but it has gotten (I BLAME MICHELLE OBAMA AND HER WHOLE HEALTHY FOOD THING THAT SHE HAS GOING). The teachers are amazing we have those mean teachers, but what school doesn't. Overall the teachers are great supporters of all the students and strive to make sure that we are meeting our full potential, not only the teachers, but the principals, librarians, janitors even. We have our problems and downfalls but overall this school is amazing and I love it.

I don't know what that person from 9/15/14 is talking about. My daughter attends Smyrna High School and has a challenging pre-AP curriculum, caring teachers and dedicated administrative staff attending to her education. I've never witnessed a more caring and compassionate school district than Smyrna.

If I were not barred by a family court judge forcing to remove my child from a christian school. I would have NEVER put my child in this School. There appears to be an enormous deal of Nepotism. There appears to be a lack of cultural diversity, as well as substandard administrative leadership. If you want your child or children to be safe. DO NOT SEND THEM TO SMYRNA HIGH SCHOOL IN SMYRNA, DELAWARE.

This school does not follow their own Code of Conduct. The amount of bullying that occurs there is terrible. The victims have no rights, they actually get disciplined if they either report, respond or even react by holding the bully to stop the assaults. They are expected to just take it. Also for those who speak another language other than English make sure to not speak it at school because teachers and student will tell you not to, they don't like it..... The teachers do not care if your child is getting bullied they will not report any incidents, but they will report if your child arrived three seconds late to class or if they put their heads down when they don't feel well. When it comes to sports don't bother, they already have their groups of favorites your child will be discouraged from participating unless they are extremely gifted...

A great school with many class choices for students. The teachers there care about their students and go the extra mile when called upon. I'm very happy with this school.

I love this school district. I personally attended this school district from 1970 to 1977 and three of my children have attended Smyrna School District school.

Last modified Smyrna High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.