Forwood Elementary School 5

Posted June 03, 2014
I love Forwood!!! My son loves going to school. The staff is friendly and they really care about the children. This is my son's second year going on third at Forwood and I can't wait to get to know his new teacher next year. Everyone in the school seems to know my child and are so warm and caring with him. I loved his teachers for kindergarten and first grade. Looking forward to second grade now.

Forwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2013
I am a Grandmother of a first grader in MS Poomans class. i do not know her but was so impressed with the daily communication with parents, ie, sending home daily work and special help for the individual student. Thank You, MS Poorman and all those who are teachers. I baby sat for a week , while mom was away. My granddaughter loves school both years. Kudos to MS Mosel also for making kindergarten so enjoyable.

Forwood Elementary School 5

Posted October 18, 2013
Forwood Elementary School is an excellent school in every way. Though this is only the second year that we have known Forwood, my personal experience has been very much above par. Teachers and administrators alike demonstrate each and every day that the children in their care are number one priority. I would love to see Forwood wind $5,000, as I am confident it would be put to use to improve an already excellent teaching program.

Forwood Elementary School 2

Posted February 28, 2013
I was highly disappointed with this school. My son went from k-3, but we decided to move him in 4th grade. Bullying issues were not addressed, and he no longer felt safe there. This school has the potential to be a great school, but poor leadership is not allowing the school to reach it...

Forwood Elementary School 3

Posted February 20, 2013
I am being generous in my score only because my daughter whom has attended. Forwood for 3 years now has had a wonderful experience. However this is my sons first year and it has been horrible! He attended Wilbur Elementary last year for kindergarten and was a model student. He loved school and was always disappointed on the weekends that he couldn't go. This year he has been labeled by his teacher a troublemaker from the very beginning. I have had countless meetings with the teacher, the principal, the vice principal, his guidance counselor and many of these meetings were attended by 3 or more of these individuals. The principal wants me to have yet another meeting with their psycologist to list his strengths and weaknesses and see how we can use it to overcome his "behavior problems". Except he isnt a problem for his other teachers. That and on our first conference she tells me that if he comes to her she just cant deal with him and sends him back in line or to his desk. HE IS A FIRST GRADER THAT BEGS ME NOT TO SEND HIM TO SCHOOL! So the staff isnt parent friendly and are lacking in compassion for the plight of their students. They cover for each other and the kids suffer, PERIOD!

Forwood Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2012
Very disappointed by my son's elementary school experience here. Now that he is in middle school, he FINALLY likes school and looks forward to it. The teachers at Forwood made him feel inferior, "bad", and ruined his self esteem (with the exception of his fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Williams- Forwood's greatest asset). Staff is not friendly towards parents, often disregard parental concerns, and are quick to take the children's recess away. My son gets outside more in middle school where he has no recess! Because of how often they keep the children locked inside, they get jittery and bored, and this is not conducive to a positive learning environment at all. I chose to pay tuition at a private school rather than put my daughter through this. Forwood is not living up to their potential at all.

Forwood Elementary School
1900 Westminster Drive, Wilmington, DE  19810
Last modified Forwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.