Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted January 31, 2016
Yes, students and staff are vet friendly toward one another. The teachers model respect and the students show mutual respect.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 31, 2016
Students are in inclusive classrooms with regular and special education students. All students treat one another with mutual respect.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 31, 2016
The school has a positive behavior support program that reduces discipline by reinforcing and rewarding positive behavior. The culture of the school is warm and welcoming.

Posted January 31, 2016
The staff is friendly and knowledgeable! Want a great neighborhood school? This is the place!

Forwood Elementary School 2

Posted January 19, 2016
This is the school that made my son hate school. Years later in the appo school district, and we are still undoing the damage forwood did. Forwood doesnt allow the kids to move or burn energy throughout the winter and then the staff complain about how many hyperactive kids they have (recess is sit quietly and draw time if the weather is anything but perfect). The staff wouldn't tell us about the problems with our son or respond to our emails asking how things were going until situations reached crisis level. Then we'd get called in and they would "diagnose" him with any number of SEVERE mental disorders including borderline personality disorder!!! (Hint: they're grade school teachers, not psychiatrists. The professionals were appalled the teachers would even dare suggest such a diagnosis!) Absolutely awful school for my child. It was a cyle that repeated EVERY year that we were there. We moved to appo, and my son has flourished in comparison and almost likes school again. All the "forwood issues" we had just ceased to exist. I always blamed myself for the troubles he had in elementary school. But the night and day difference between our experience at forwood and cedar lane convinced me the school had a lot to do with it. Basically if your child isn't low energy and naturally subservient, this school won't know how to handle them and will do a terrible job educating them. Even if you know your child can be a handful and try to stay involved, they'll cut you out of the process as much as possible while they mishandle the situation as badly as they can muster. The staff was childish and rude when confronted about their refusal to respond to our emails and the principal was condescending and angry the few times I spoke to her. I remember asking myself why someone who didn't seem to like kids would be a principal at an elementary school. I really don't understand the positive reviews here. I guess everyone's experience is different. Ours was definitely not a good one.

Posted December 21, 2014
My daughter has attended Forwood for the past 3 years. It is such a wonderful place! As a teacher myself - I tend to be picky about the education of my own kids. She is consistently challenged and encouraged to succeed! Keep up the good work!!!

Posted October 14, 2014
Love this school. Both my kids go to it and the teachers and staff are wonderful.

Forwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 13, 2014
Forwood is a fabulous true neighborhood school! My children have attended for the past 5 years and have experienced many wonderful teachers. Most of their experiences have been positive, but there is always some room for improvement. You will have good and bad teachers in whatever school your child may go to. However, I feel that parents are extremely involved and heard when it comes to the decisions in their child's education. Great school!

Posted October 13, 2014
We have only had a student attending Forwood for going on 2 years, but we are very happy with teachers, administration, and support staff. The atmosphere is positive and nurturing and I am pleased how engaged my student is. GREAT school!!

Forwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2014
I have been a Forwood parent for the past 7 years. My children truly enjoy attending school here. I feel that we are very lucky and have some exceptional teachers who always go out of their way to help the kids. Our administrative staff is wonderful as well and although they may not be perfect (no one is), they seem to get better every year. My kids have gotten involved in different activities that are offered after school and enjoyed them. I feel that we are a wonderful school community and I'm proud to send my kids here.

1900 Westminster Drive, Wilmington, DE  19810
Last modified Forwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top