Wilmington, DE
Before care: Yes

Posted December 21, 2014
My daughter has attended Forwood for the past 3 years. It is such a wonderful place! As a teacher myself - I tend to be picky about the education of my own kids. She is consistently challenged and encouraged to succeed! Keep up the good work!!!

Posted October 14, 2014
Love this school. Both my kids go to it and the teachers and staff are wonderful.

Posted October 13, 2014
Forwood is a fabulous true neighborhood school! My children have attended for the past 5 years and have experienced many wonderful teachers. Most of their experiences have been positive, but there is always some room for improvement. You will have good and bad teachers in whatever school your child may go to. However, I feel that parents are extremely involved and heard when it comes to the decisions in their child's education. Great school!

Posted October 13, 2014
We have only had a student attending Forwood for going on 2 years, but we are very happy with teachers, administration, and support staff. The atmosphere is positive and nurturing and I am pleased how engaged my student is. GREAT school!!

Posted October 08, 2014
I have been a Forwood parent for the past 7 years. My children truly enjoy attending school here. I feel that we are very lucky and have some exceptional teachers who always go out of their way to help the kids. Our administrative staff is wonderful as well and although they may not be perfect (no one is), they seem to get better every year. My kids have gotten involved in different activities that are offered after school and enjoyed them. I feel that we are a wonderful school community and I'm proud to send my kids here.

Posted October 07, 2014
I have been a parent at Forwood elementary school going on my 8th year. I love Forwood and my children have been very happy here. We have gotten so lucky to have had some amazing teachers whose dedication is unmatched. There can be improvements with anything in this world, and I don't claim for Forwood to be perfect...but if you're looking for a well run, safe school that is open to parent communication and involvement - then Forwood is a great place to be! I look forward to being at Forwood for another 6 years!

Posted October 07, 2014
Caring teachers and staff are the hallmark of Forwood Elementary. I believe that the teachers and staff generally care about the quality of the education and all around development that each student receives. They demonstrate this in class, through extracurricular activities, and through school community events. Parents are encouraged to be very active in their child's education and educators go out of their way to help parents stay in tune with their child's development.

Posted October 07, 2014
I have two children at Forwood, and I have never had a problem with anything. Their teachers have been excellent! Forwood offers band, chorus, and orchestra for students to be a part. They also have after school activities, like flag football, basketball, and kickball. The entire staff does a wonderful job!

Posted June 03, 2014
I love Forwood!!! My son loves going to school. The staff is friendly and they really care about the children. This is my son's second year going on third at Forwood and I can't wait to get to know his new teacher next year. Everyone in the school seems to know my child and are so warm and caring with him. I loved his teachers for kindergarten and first grade. Looking forward to second grade now.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 19, 2013
I am a Grandmother of a first grader in MS Poomans class. i do not know her but was so impressed with the daily communication with parents, ie, sending home daily work and special help for the individual student. Thank You, MS Poorman and all those who are teachers. I baby sat for a week , while mom was away. My granddaughter loves school both years. Kudos to MS Mosel also for making kindergarten so enjoyable.
2 people found this helpful

Forwood Elementary School
1900 Westminster Drive, Wilmington, DE  19810
Last modified Forwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top