School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

This is my 13th year as a McKean Highlander. I served this community as a teacher, coach, and administrator. This school is such a special place because of the amazing staff that creates a family-like environment. Students can find their niche aas they explore our many opportunities of extracurricular activities in a very inclusive and accepting environment. From our state of the art culinary program to our student-led part-day preschool program to our Cable TV and FM Radio station; our Career and Technical Education Programs are some of the top across the state. Not only do we offer eight career pathways, but we have around 20 Advanced Placement and College Dual Enrollment course offerings. Our Distance Learning Lab, allows students to take courses not offered at McKean and taught by quality instructors across the district. Not only to we offer opportunities for students to achieve great things; but also, we provide a great deal of interventions and supports for struggling students. Through programs like Best Buddies and Special Olympics, McKean has a culture in which peers support each other and embrace our differences. Come stop by and see for yourself, the great things that McKean can offer you.
August 13, 2014

McKean (Thomas) High School 5

Posted August 28, 2014
Look, it's as easy as this: if you take the honors and AP classes and avoid troublesome teens, you'll have probably the best high school experience you could ask for. Simple.

McKean (Thomas) High School 4

Posted September 04, 2012
McKean is a great school. Bullying is everywhere but in the past years McKean has really stepped up to the plate on doing there best to take care of every student. They have cleaned up their act and have built new improvements to make the children feel comfortable being there. They have more clubs and organizations than any school I've heard of. The teachers and staff made a huge difference in my high school career and if I could go around thanking every one of them I would. McKean is a grand school.

McKean (Thomas) High School 1

Posted August 28, 2012
I cannot believe this school is rated 4 out of 5. It must be the bully students or their parents writing the reviews. My granddaughter (on her first day of high school there) have her lunch taken from her and things thrown at her in the cafeteria. She was called names and left in tears at lunch. WHERE WERE YOUR TEACHERS? WHERE WAS THE ON-DUTY POLICE OFFICER. You don't have to worry about my granddaughter we transferred her out of their - DAY 1. In speaking with others "within the feeder zone" they looked to private school rather than sending their kids here. I have 6 more grandchildren and you can bet they won't be going to McKean. You should be ashamed I had to give you a star to get this on-line - you get ZERO STARS!!!

McKean (Thomas) High School 5

Posted August 23, 2011
This is the best decision i ever made for my child. she's going to keep going here until she graduates. I LOVE MCKEAN !

McKean (Thomas) High School
301 McKennans Church Road, Wilmington, DE  19808
Last modified McKean (Thomas) High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McKean (Thomas) High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top