Bad
Good

Posted February 17, 2015
The programs at this school are super! My son graduated from the school this past year and is now attending UD and doing great. Despite how this school is rated, it is not factual to what is going on at the actual school. Shame on the state. Great job for Dickinson for dodging nonsense!

Posted September 26, 2012
I just graduated from Dickinson last Spring and I attended the High School all four years. Mr. Murphy was just starting out when I started and let me tell you he has truly had made Dickinson a second home to me and others i'm sure. Every high school has it's good and bad but Dickinson has really sky rocketed these last four years. I am proud to be a Dickinson RAM of 2012. I am also proud of the staff and teachers for helping me and others when it was needed.

Dickinson (John) High School 4

Posted October 28, 2011
My son has been attending Dickinson since his freshman year. My son has had interpersonal issues throughout his freshman-junior time at Dickinson. The teachers have always been supportive in helping him work through those issues and gain a better understanding of himself. This year my son has not had any behavioral problems and is academically attempting to excel. The only problem that I have come across is that some of the teachers will "hold grudges" on students who have had issues in the past. I have three younger children and I plan on sending all of them through Dickinson high school.

Dickinson (John) High School 4

Posted October 24, 2011
I was concerned with my daughter going to Dickinson. I had heard many stories about the school that left something to be desired and was reluctant to keep her in her feeder pattern vs. choicing her into another school within the district. I attended the Back To School meeting prior to her Freshman year to learn more about the Freshman Academy and am here to tell, our choice to be a part of the change at Dickinson has done us proud! We have had support on ALL levels from day 1 and I am very comfortable and confident with the faculty and academics. My daughter is now a sophmore and we have every intention of being a 2014 graduate of John Dickinson High School. GO RAMS!!!

Posted August 15, 2011
My daughter is in the IB Program and the teachers in the 9th grade academy were great. They would stay after school every day and there was always some available to help with academics. The school would contact me every single day if there was a reason, and the reasons were usually to deliver good news! These types of calls never cam from our prior schools. I cannot say enough good things about Dickinson. I heard a lot of stories about the school before my daughter went there, but none of them were true. I think the school is great and my two younger children will be going there in the future. I just hope they keep the same staff that they have there right now. The people make all teh difference.

Dickinson (John) High School
1801 Milltown Road, Wilmington, DE  19808
Last modified Dickinson (John) High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.