Wilmington, DE

Linden Hill Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 20, 2015
Congratulations Linden Hill to win the National Green Ribbon! We love Linden Hill because the atmosphere is very friendly,loving,respectful and down to earth. I do not feel the socioeconomic pressure compared with another top school nearby where the atmosphere is somewhat snobbish and cold. I hope my child grow up in the environment that is loving, caring and respectful.

Posted June 20, 2015
We love Linden Hill Elementary school. My family and my child get more opportunities to get involved and serve the community. Many teachers are very experienced and loving. I'm glad to see my child grow to be more responsible and aware of her community. My child is academically advanced and I am glad the teachers are making accomodations to her levels. My child also loves the huge playground during recess time. She can play and interact with other kids. My child is growing to be a well-rounded kid.

Posted May 03, 2015
We Love the school. My kids get additional help that is required for them. I am happy that they get home work. I would love for them to get more homework.

Linden Hill Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2014
Please keep looking if your child has any academic struggles. I agree that the last principal did a much better job. We have even had a few issues with our child being bullied by the class teacher. Parent involvement/notifications are extremely poor.

Posted May 22, 2014
Linden Hill is a phenomenal school! The Principal is phenomenal & so is the Assistant Principal. They are very supportive of their staff & of the PTA. They both care very much for their students that attend LHE. Every morning they stand outside & greet EVERY SINGLE student with a smile (& usually calls each of the children by name & says something to each child as well) to walk inside the doors of the school. The Admin. & staff has done a terrific job to make sure that bullying does not happen & made sure that LHE is a safe school to attend. The students & families are very happy to be at the LHE. If an issue does arise, the Principal addresses immediately, but in a caring manner. Linden Hill has an active PTA with a Board who is open to trying new things.The money raised is put directly back into the school, fun school programs, the students' needs, etc. Parents are supportive of the needs of the PTA as well & help when the PTA has events at the school. The school is staffed with many fantastic teachers that are caring, go above & beyond & don't stop working when the bell rings. The teachers come up with fun & innovative ways to teach the kids! Linden Hill is full of Lion Pride!

Linden Hill Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2014
The school is not the same as it was before. The charm has gone with the old Principal. Everything seems to be falling apart now. The teachers relationship with students is not caring . Too over-crowded and dis organized. North Star in the same area is emerging as a better option.. Move there instead of here .

Linden Hill Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2014
The school is fast going downhill. The new Principal is not as dynamic as the previous one. She's not able to connect with the students or parents. Only parents of kids who are strongly involved get more opportunities . Unfair treatment is becoming the norm. North Star in the same area is becoming a more prominent establishment. Do not move here if you are moving for a good school. Not worth it!! Your kid will be better off in another school..

Linden Hill Elementary School 3

Posted October 07, 2013
I heard it's a great school, but i am very disappointed with it after we moved here. The facility was very old, most of the teachers and staffs don't answer (reply) my question in a timely manner or never answer (reply) to my questions. The extra curriculum program choices seemed not open to everyone, and/or seemed not fair at all,the programs are very poorly organized. But friends told me if I'm not satisfied with this school, I won't be satisfied with other schools in the district........ WOW, I have nothing else to say then.

Posted June 27, 2013
I'm not a parent but I'm a student who used to go to Linden Hill. I think Linden Hill is an amazing and great school. The teachers are great at pushing kids to go beyond from where they are and to keep learning. Thanks to Mrs. Brayant, Mrs.Fong, Mrs. Peyser, Mrs.Shenoy, Mrs.Moes and Mrs. Gregor, and Mr.Sark! Thank you so much for teaching me all i know know.

Posted March 18, 2013
One of the best schools in the state as evidenced by the receipt of the 2012 National Blue Ribbon awarded by the Secretary of Education. My child has attended this school for several years and I could not be happier with the education he has received so far. This school has an extremely active PTA that raises thousands of dollars every year to put towards programs that enrich the education of Linden Hill students. The communication from teachers and administration is constant and comes in various forms. A vast majority of the teachers have completed education beyond a 4 year bachelor's degree (master's degree or above). The majority of the student body is made up of a great group of "down to earth" kids that come from involved families with educated parents. I've been particularly impressed by the amount of time the school spends on bullying prevention and treating others kindly. It shows in the interactions between the children. The front office staff is very organized and keeps the school running smoothly. The cafeteria offers healthy lunch choices and does not offer "junk food" of any kind. My family has great pride in this school and recommend it without hesitation.

Linden Hill Elementary School
3415 Skyline Drive, Wilmington, DE  19808
Last modified Linden Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linden Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top