Linden Hill Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2014
Please keep looking if your child has any academic struggles. I agree that the last principal did a much better job. We have even had a few issues with our child being bullied by the class teacher. Parent involvement/notifications are extremely poor.

Posted May 22, 2014
Linden Hill is a phenomenal school! The Principal is phenomenal & so is the Assistant Principal. They are very supportive of their staff & of the PTA. They both care very much for their students that attend LHE. Every morning they stand outside & greet EVERY SINGLE student with a smile (& usually calls each of the children by name & says something to each child as well) to walk inside the doors of the school. The Admin. & staff has done a terrific job to make sure that bullying does not happen & made sure that LHE is a safe school to attend. The students & families are very happy to be at the LHE. If an issue does arise, the Principal addresses immediately, but in a caring manner. Linden Hill has an active PTA with a Board who is open to trying new things.The money raised is put directly back into the school, fun school programs, the students' needs, etc. Parents are supportive of the needs of the PTA as well & help when the PTA has events at the school. The school is staffed with many fantastic teachers that are caring, go above & beyond & don't stop working when the bell rings. The teachers come up with fun & innovative ways to teach the kids! Linden Hill is full of Lion Pride!

Linden Hill Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2014
The school is fast going downhill. The new Principal is not as dynamic as the previous one. She's not able to connect with the students or parents. Only parents of kids who are strongly involved get more opportunities . Unfair treatment is becoming the norm. North Star in the same area is becoming a more prominent establishment. Do not move here if you are moving for a good school. Not worth it!! Your kid will be better off in another school..

Linden Hill Elementary School 3

Posted October 07, 2013
I heard it's a great school, but i am very disappointed with it after we moved here. The facility was very old, most of the teachers and staffs don't answer (reply) my question in a timely manner or never answer (reply) to my questions. The extra curriculum program choices seemed not open to everyone, and/or seemed not fair at all,the programs are very poorly organized. But friends told me if I'm not satisfied with this school, I won't be satisfied with other schools in the district........ WOW, I have nothing else to say then.

Posted June 27, 2013
I'm not a parent but I'm a student who used to go to Linden Hill. I think Linden Hill is an amazing and great school. The teachers are great at pushing kids to go beyond from where they are and to keep learning. Thanks to Mrs. Brayant, Mrs.Fong, Mrs. Peyser, Mrs.Shenoy, Mrs.Moes and Mrs. Gregor, and Mr.Sark! Thank you so much for teaching me all i know know.

Posted March 18, 2013
One of the best schools in the state as evidenced by the receipt of the 2012 National Blue Ribbon awarded by the Secretary of Education. My child has attended this school for several years and I could not be happier with the education he has received so far. This school has an extremely active PTA that raises thousands of dollars every year to put towards programs that enrich the education of Linden Hill students. The communication from teachers and administration is constant and comes in various forms. A vast majority of the teachers have completed education beyond a 4 year bachelor's degree (master's degree or above). The majority of the student body is made up of a great group of "down to earth" kids that come from involved families with educated parents. I've been particularly impressed by the amount of time the school spends on bullying prevention and treating others kindly. It shows in the interactions between the children. The front office staff is very organized and keeps the school running smoothly. The cafeteria offers healthy lunch choices and does not offer "junk food" of any kind. My family has great pride in this school and recommend it without hesitation.

Posted December 06, 2012
Upon reading the reviews from prior years regarding "non inclusive school attitudes regarding different religions", it would appear the school has been making great strides to rectify this issue. As a new parent of a Kindergarten student at Linden Hill in this 2012-2013 school year, I receive emails regularly and newsletters each month from my son's teacher. The most recent newsletter addressed the different celebrations taking place during this time of year, and asked that if my family celebrates something other than what was listed in the letter to please send information into the class so that the teacher could be sure to include everyone's celebrations in the classroom. I found that to be very eye-opening as to what kind of atmosphere is in place at this elementary school. Kudos to Linden Hill for listening to the concerns of their students' parents and working diligently to make their school a place where everyone feels welcome and included.

Posted October 14, 2012
Linden Hill is a great School. My daughter is a special ed student and easily fits in! Her teachers focus on her learning and she is excelling. She has never had any trouble getting into programs. The school expects excellence in their students and staff because they want to create an environment of learning not because of test scores. We would not want to send our child to any other school.

Posted May 24, 2012
I am not a parent, but a student that used to go there. Mrs. Huckleberry is an awesome TAG teacher and thanks to Mrs. Bryant, Mrs. Martin, Mrs. Ramone(:, and Mrs. Zimny I will succeed in life and I know I will. Now I'm at a bad school called new garden.

Posted December 28, 2011
My son is a 3rd grader in this school and I see he enjoys a lot in his class. He improved in math and other topics. Teachers are caring for their student very much. Also, there are many other activities for students. I am very satisfied with this school.

Linden Hill Elementary School
3415 Skyline Drive, Wilmington, DE  19808
Last modified Linden Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linden Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top