No rating

Padua Academy

Private | 9-12

Living in Wilmington

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $249,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Posted December 1, 2013

OK, this is a academic school for girls that are academically advanced. Every year the number of applicants grows. My daughter loves this school, however, coming from public school I am not sure how much information gathering goes into "accepting' a student. There is a placement test the girls take and I am not sure, but I think they base placement soley on these test scores. My daughter missed the next level up for class placement by 2 and 3 points and this was not evaluated by the school they just placed her in the lower level classes. So my daughter, who, in her public schoo, was in the highest level classes and the gifted program, is now in low level classes and repeating material that she has already completed. To say she is bored is an understatement! My advice: YOU know your child and what she is capable of, request changes to her schedule if you feel she can achieve more. This will impact my daughters future classes and college acceptance.

Posted January 6, 2012

The education my daughter received was outstanding. She excelled in college and continues to volunteer. It was money well spent.

Posted April 1, 2011

I now live else where on the east coast and have my children enrolled in another school, which is FAR better then Padua Academy could ever dream of being. I felt the school's ideal were to narrow, nor was the student body diverse, a very basic education, and rather old fashion for today's challenges.

Posted January 10, 2011

I can not say enough great things about Padua Academy. My daughter was well prepared for college but also for life. The values and moral principles taught were in line what made her experience so special. My daughter loved the family atmosphere and the belief she is strong but soft still radiates in her life and work. This school is one of the best.

Posted November 21, 2009

I am a Padua parent and an Alum. Great experiences both times. Padua is truly a special place and worth every penny!

Posted November 27, 2008

I am a freshman and I love it. I went to Padua from public school and although it took time in order for me to make a transition I am doing much better then I could have did at a public school. Although it is all girls there is not a lot of drama and when you go there you just feel like it's where you belong!

Posted November 16, 2008

I graduated from padua 2 years ago and it was the best time of my life.. I absolutely loved the school and the people. The teachers were all willing to help whenever and the sports program was awesome!.. Go padua soccer

Posted February 6, 2008

Padua has excellent sports programs! I have always been impressed by their records. I believe they develop the minds of the next generation of women!

Posted December 26, 2006

I am an upperclassmen at Padua and I love the vast opportunities in courses and activities. There is a lot of school spirt and it is easy to make friends. At Padua I receive a lot of help during my college search and I know I will prepared when I go to college. I could not be happier going here.

Posted October 11, 2006

My daughter is a freshman at Padua and I couldn't be any happier! I absolutely love everything about the school. If your daughter is unsure about attending Padua, she should 'shadow' a student so she is able to see what a welcoming, involved and wonderful school that it is.

Posted September 4, 2006

I am a Senior at Padua and I absolutely love it. I could not have asked for a better school! The school has nine, new teachers and they are all wonderful. This school is challenging in the academic area and also in the athletic area. The teachers really care about you and push you to showcase your greatest abilities.

Posted August 8, 2005

I am also a graduate of Padua, and I know that because of all the time and attention I received, is why I am who I am today. Padua allows you to be your own person, an individual, but at the same time, be apart of the community. All the teachers, staff, aids, are there for you. Padua was one of the best decisions my parents have ever made for me. I thanks them for sacrificing so that I could have the experience, and I thank the teachers for caring so much. I would reccomend that you send your girl with a dream, because I am living proof, it will become a vision.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 11, 2005

My daughter is attending her junior year now and we are extremely happy with the school. The atmosphere is a very nurturing one where girls entering become respectable young women. The curriculum is of the highest standards and very challenging. I am sure that my daughter will be well prepared for the future.

Posted February 23, 2004

Padua is a high school that lives up to its motto, 'Where girls with dreams become women of vision.' I completely agree. The curriculum is challenging for all and very challenging for those participating in the top level courses. This is a college prep school and the students are prepared before they graduate. This school has stricter discipline than most schools in Delaware but this results in an environment that fosters high expectations, high achievement, self-descipline, and teamwork.

Posted February 23, 2004

Wonderful!...The academic environment is far above other area high schools. The students enter 'girls' and truly do transform into 'young women' before graduation. The teaching staff is committed and sincere. It's obvious that their goal is to educate, while creating leaders. A Catholic education is always a sacrafice for parents. However, if you choose Padua Academy, it's a sacrafice that will be returned many times over. You, or your daughter, will not be disappointed!

Posted February 23, 2004

I myself am a graduate of Padua and can honestly say that I don't know where I would be in life if I had gone to my local public high school. There is so much diversity and a safe environment to learn. I wouldn't trade my high school experience for anything in the world. My husband already knows now that our daughter(s) will be going there when the time comes.
—Submitted by a former student

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Buses/vans for students only
  • Cafeteria
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Wilmington

Media arts
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

905 North Broom Street