Wilmington, DE

Padua Academy 4

Posted December 01, 2013
OK, this is a academic school for girls that are academically advanced. Every year the number of applicants grows. My daughter loves this school, however, coming from public school I am not sure how much information gathering goes into "accepting' a student. There is a placement test the girls take and I am not sure, but I think they base placement soley on these test scores. My daughter missed the next level up for class placement by 2 and 3 points and this was not evaluated by the school they just placed her in the lower level classes. So my daughter, who, in her public schoo, was in the highest level classes and the gifted program, is now in low level classes and repeating material that she has already completed. To say she is bored is an understatement! My advice: YOU know your child and what she is capable of, request changes to her schedule if you feel she can achieve more. This will impact my daughters future classes and college acceptance.

Padua Academy 5

Posted January 06, 2012
The education my daughter received was outstanding. She excelled in college and continues to volunteer. It was money well spent.

Padua Academy