Posted August 30, 2014
As a graduate and currently a parent, I am so grateful for my extended experience at WFS. There are a LOT of alums who send their kids there, which speaks volumes about how comforting and amazing the school is. The Home and School association is full of wonderful moms who are down-to-earth and exude the same warm and welcoming attitude that the school is known for. We couldn't be happier about being a part of WFS - the advanced programs, the foundation of Quakerism, the arts and science programs, etc. As soon as you walk in the door and meet one of the staff, you'll know you hit the jackpot. Many of the other area private schools have a very different vibe...it just depends on what you're looking for in a school. WFS breeds wonderfully well-rounded, global-thinking, and kind children.

Wilmington Friends School 1

Posted August 05, 2014
I would love to say that I loved WFS. I was a lifer at Friends, meaning I was there from pre-elementary school through graduation, and the longer I stayed, the more I noticed that was wrong with the school. WFS is completely inept at dealing with bullying. I have two friends who have younger siblings that were bullying to the point of leaving the school. I myself was subjected to sexual harassment, and the school's reaction was to give the young men involved a detention (one hour before one day of school, after they had bothered me for months). Another friend was kicked as she walked down the hallway. Several others were teased because they did not like sports. PLEASE, I caution you before sending your children to WFS. While yes, the school boasts numerous benefits to your children (a second language, low teacher to student ratios, great college guidance), it really isn't worth the money to have your child come home crying every day. I wish you all the best of luck in choosing schools.

Posted December 27, 2013
Our two-year old daughter just began attending the ELC this September, and it has been amazing watching her flourish in this environment. She seems so much happier at Friends than she did at het last NAEYC- accredited daycare, and we attribute that completely to the high standards for teaching and the personal connections that her teachers make with each of the children. It was the right fit for us!

Posted June 29, 2012
I attended WFS for 14 years, pre-K through 12. I had an absolutely wonderful education- academically, athletically, and socially. As several reviewers have said, it is a family. It is a very unique place that encourages acceptance, tolerance, and being yourself. I went on to an Ivy League university and found college to be easy compared with Friends. I felt better prepared for my college classes than peers who attended some of the "best" schools in the country. I feel very luck and grateful to have attended Friends, and am seriously considering moving back to DE just to send my children there!

Posted February 06, 2012
I am in my junior year at WFS and have been there since pre-K. The school is more than just a place to learn, it is a family, it is somewhere I can be myself, grow into who I want to be, and along the way meet the most amazing people. I can honestly say that every teacher I have had has touched my life in a meaningful way.

Posted April 02, 2011
I went to friends for all 14 years and I loved it. I am currently a junior in college and I cannot express how well WFS prepared me for undergraduate work. As a math and economics double major my schedule is demanding and the work is difficult. The education I received in mathematics with the IB program gave me a step up not only in my freshman year, but in upperlevel courses also. Outside of the classroom WFS was an amazing place to be. The community is welcoming and supportive. I still email with my teachers and old coaches and stop by when I am home. They are people who genuinely care about their students. I consider myself lucky to have attended WFS.

Wilmington Friends School
101 School Road, Wilmington, DE  19803
Last modified Wilmington Friends School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Wilmington Friends School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.