Wilmington, DE
Before care: Yes

Posted August 20, 2013
Our daughter attended Camp Montessori this summer for the first and I can't tell you how happy we all were with the experience. The camp was very engaging and had incredibly creative themes with activities that sparked our daughter's interest. She loved swimming at the pool, exploring the woods, doing art project, conducting experiments, and playing with her new friends. She also did two specialty camps and has already asked if she can do them again next year. The part about Camp Montessori that makes all of the difference is the people. From the director to the counselors, everyone is enthusiastic, caring, and involved with the children. They show grace and fairness and their wonderfully gentle example is modeled by the children. This has been the best summer of our lives and we can't wait to sign up for camp next year!

Posted December 05, 2012
I have one WMS one graduate from 6th grade and three kids in the elementary program and the education is excellent. My oldest easily transitioned to the academics at Friends because WMS not only helped him learn academics, but he has become a self directed learner (just like the WMS literature says!). My other kids love learning - they are so proud of their language and math accomplishments. They progress at their own speed which keeps them interested. And they work with other kids in the class - sometimes helping others, sometimes being helped, which makes the kids feel like part of a vibrant classroom community. The teachers are intelligent, caring and supportive - every child feels celebrated for who they are. The parent community is strong, and the co-op requirement helps us all get involved. WMS has truly been a joyful experience for me as a parent, and for my kids.

Posted September 26, 2011
We visited other Montessori schools, and can say with conviction that from the devoted teachers to the helpful staff to the Montessori teaching style, there is no better elementary school in the state of Delaware.

Posted September 21, 2011
Both of our daughters attended WMS since pre-school, with truly amazing results. Both have developed a true love for learning and read confidently AND for pleasure far above expected level. With the physical expression of numbers and value learning principle of Montessori in early childhood development, their understanding of mathematics is extraordinarily well developed for their age. Montessori method works! The school is very well staffed and the children are nurtured not just taught. As a result, both they and their peers have developed into self motivated and eager learners who take on new subject and new responsibilities with joy! Parent cooperatives really make this school feel more like a community of friends and family than any school around! It has been a true pleasure to be involved at WMS, I really couldn't be more pleased with my own personal experiences or more proud of my children achievements, and of their peers, all fine little citizens of the world.

Posted February 05, 2011
our child is in the toddler program, and it has turned out to be an excellent experience for our kid. the school has tremendous resources: library/librarian, gym/p/e teacher, artist in residence, strong music program with "Music Kelly" better than any gymboree type program. kids learn about the world, the environment, self control, manners, confidence, and most importantly: self respect. My 2 year old is reading basic words like Go and Cat, and I give a lot of credit to the school. WMS offers a good value for the amount of tuition paid. As an unexpected bonus: we love all the parents and have become friends with many.

Wilmington Montessori School
1400 Harvey Road, Wilmington, DE  19810
Last modified Wilmington Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Wilmington Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top