Children's House Montessori

Private | PK-2 | 96 students

Living in Wilmington

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $272,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,070.

Sweep tile

Posted December 9, 2013

We were amazed to see how our child has developed over the past 2 years. We noticed him counting and sounding out letters only after 1 month! The teachers and administrative staff are great. Good curriculum and enough structure for the children. Highly recommend!

Posted September 18, 2012

My daughter has spent the last year in Children's House preschool and enrichment program, and the changes in her have been amazing in such a positive way! She was very shy when she started, but the attentive teachers helped her feel right at home. I was shocked at how much she loves school and learning. Her older brother went to a different preschool and KG, and her experience has been immeasurably better. Now, my "shy" daughter is excited to tell me about her friends, her teachers, and the lessons she's learning. It all carries through at home. The teachers show a genuine passion for their work, and the kids spend a lot of time outside learning to appreciate nature. I can't recommend this school enough. It was worth every penny.

Posted October 24, 2011

Both our children attended preschool through Kindergarten at Children's House and loved it. They were well prepared for public and private (they attended both) elementary school. We were very pleased with the staff members, academics, and the love, caring and support the staff showed towards us and our children. It is a very close knit community which we feel kids need at a young age. The director is a wonderful woman who puts her heart and soul into the school. She encourages parental involvement and feedback.

Posted August 2, 2011

Sending our child to Children's House Montessori has been one of the best decisions we've ever made. Our daughter learned to help with daily tasks like preparing for work and cleaning up. Later, she learned responsibility through helping take care of the younger children in the school. The children are given the flexibility to choose how tasks/work is completed. Now, at 10 years old, our daughter has become very good at problem solving. She is also an avid reader. She's already finished reading more than half of the Harry Potter book series. The staff at Children's House is outstanding. Parent involvement with the school is the highest I've seen anywhere. The product they provide is well worth the investment. Thank you, Children's House.

Posted July 21, 2011

Incredible start on Academic life in a caring environment. We have had 2 children attend and both are in Advance learning programs in the public school system. Also, many of their peers in this advance program came from this same pre-school. There is no comparision for the academic headstart given through instruction on indepedent discovery, respect for others and how to learn. But more importantly, for any parent of a yount child the Children's House provide a very safe environment.

Posted July 20, 2011

Our family has spent the last 6 years at this wonderful school, from toddler through Kindergarten, with excellent success. Both children were fostered by the excellent staff to love school and challenge themselves. As others have mentioned, the school is a great little community where everyone knows your child and seems to have ever present patience and kindness. I just can't say enough good things! I know that both children were admitted into the BSD gifted program because of the curriculum here. As important, they learned how to be good citzens. Would recommend without reservation to anyone.

Posted July 20, 2011

CHMS is such a warm and loving environment. My oldest daughter was there for pre-K and Kindergarten. She is at CES now and one of the better readers in her grade thanks to her CHMS foundation. My son is going back for his fourth year, having spent his first year in the toddler room and the past 2 in pre-primary, he ll do another year in pre-primary to complete the 3-year Montessori cycle. He began reading this past year at age 4 which seems to be typical at CHMS. Both of my children have developed a strong sense of self-worth and independence. Thanks to CHMS our whole family has learned to be greener too.

Posted July 19, 2011

I can't rave enough about the staff and head of school. It has been such a wonderful experience for both of my boys. The school is smaller and feels like a community. Everyone knew my child and always knew what was going on with my kids schedules. They offer before care and after care for working parents and couldn't be more flexible with scheduling. I originally attended an open house when I was looking for a school to help my Pre-K boy with delayed speech. I wanted to be sure he would catch up to his peers. My husband and I were SHOCKED when he was reading in six months. We worked with him at home as his teacher suggested and she was right!! He went to first grade at public school and was reading on a third grade level. I have recommended this school to everyone I know with young kids.

Posted July 17, 2011

Both of my boys attended Children's House from toddler thru 2nd grade. They are continuing to thrive in the public school system (BSD's Gifted Program) with the "love of learning" that was instilled in them at CH. Their love and sense of fun for math and science is equally matched by their enthusiasm for reading - not always a given with boys. And they still talk fondly about CH - their past teachers, books and artists they were introduced to, friends they still see and the sense of accomplishment -- "Oh I know that Mom. I learned it at Children's House!!"

Posted October 29, 2010

Lost entire year here Student had to repeat entire year because of improper teaching techniques. Misrepresented child's progress. Lost an $8000 tuition. Would not even return deposit. Child advanced much quicker in public school. Save your money.

Posted January 30, 2008

I love this school! It's been a great place for us. I feel like the education is top notch!

Posted August 31, 2007

Great school! Great teachers! Very close nit, and not in a snobby way. My daughter had a great first school experience there and my son loved his second grade teacher. We left because we moved out of state.

Asian 20% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 20% N/A
Asian or Pacific Islander N/A 3%
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Music teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Instrumental music lessons
Performing arts
  • Dance
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2848 Grubb Rd