Wilmington, DE
Students enrolled: 1,117

Brandywine Springs School 4

Posted March 31, 2015
The teachers are too inconsistent. Our kindergarten teacher was inclusive and kept our daughter accountable and productive. As a result, our daughter was learning and happy. She also worked with us as a team. The 1st grade teacher was organized but felt she knew better than the parents and was not open to our feedback. Because of this inconsistency, we will be leaving the school. However, it does not take away from all the kindness, care and love our daughter received at this school from the nurses, program teachers (gym, art, music, librarian), janitor, Principal and all the Cub Care adults from the Boys and Girls Club in the aftercare program. If they work at keeping the teachers as accountable as we strive to keep our children, we would not be leaving.

Brandywine Springs School 5

Posted March 28, 2015
I'm a parent of two girls which are in 6th & 7th grade that have been going there since kindergarten & we have had excellent teachers through out the years, they have always kept great communication with me with any concerns or to keep me up to date with their curriculum. We have a great PTO that involves parents so that keeps us as a tight community which I love.

Brandywine Springs School 3

Posted January 09, 2012
Brandywine springs is a wonderful school. I have been there for 4 years and I love the school. The teachers are great at teaching. Bullying happens a little. My sister gets bullied often and so do I. Make sure your child is confident before they attend this school or they will get picked on.
2 people found this helpful

Brandywine Springs School 3

Posted April 26, 2011
Mixed reviews on this school. I had 3 kids there from 2000-2010. Elementary was awesome - great teachers (except for one 2nd grade teacher) that not only taught the kids well but were supportive and nurturing. The middle school experience was horrible though. Not very well thought out in regards to exploratory classes, sports, clubs, or field trips, and only a few good teachers in the 3 years of middle school. Most should be fired because they were that bad. When the school first opened all the teachers were hand picked but for some reason it seems middle school got all the rejects that other schools didn't want. The difference between the elementary teachers and middle school teachers was like night and day. Also, the teachers did what they wanted and walked all over the principal the past couple of years so it's probably a good thing he retired. I rated the principal leadership low because of that. For elementary, it's a very good school but I'd advise going elsewhere for middle school. Parental involvement has remained strong over the years and is certainly one of the advantages to this school.
2 people found this helpful

Brandywine Springs School
2916 Duncan Road, Wilmington, DE  19808
Last modified Brandywine Springs School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brandywine Springs School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top