Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted September 24, 2015
My daughter had many options for High School but after shadowing with other students before her freshman year she was adamant about attending High School at DMA. She is now in her Sophomore year and is fully indoctrinated into the DMA community. She says one of the unique things about the school is that the student body although diverse does not ostracize anyone. I feel fortunate to have a school like this in our community. My daughter has developed a deeper sense of civic responsibility, leadership and integrity. Three things our public school system lacks greatly. It is a military school but not in the sense outsiders perceive it to be. They are not trying to brainwash your child into military service, on the contrary they push the cadets to set the highest goals possible for themselves and it shows in the classroom and the community. This school is a rare gem that deserves the support of not only the DMA Families but the community at large. In an age where everything offends everyone this is a school that teaches our children to rise above petty differences and self interest for the better good. I know this sounds like a school PSA but after witnessing the faculty and staff operate for over a year I cannot think of a better place for a young lady or man to get their High School education.

Posted June 24, 2014
I graduated a couple of years ago from DMA. As an incoming Junior at University of Delaware, I cannot be more thankful of the great experiences and opportunities afforded to me at DMA. As many know, the vast majority of Delaware public high schools are struggling when it comes to preparing students for college. This is a notable exception to that trend. As for the military part of it-- most of my fellow classmates enrolled in college, while the rest pursued military careers. I can honestly say that I developed a stronger character and sense of self as a result of the military influence. Little did I know how much I would miss this school and its strong, prosperous sense of community. The best is yet to come at DMA....

Posted February 23, 2013
I have two sons in Delaware Military Academy and I have worked/volunteered at all the schools our boys have gone to so far and by far DMA is the best out of all! This school is all about honor, respect, professionalism, leadership, commitment and the entire staff really treats all cadets as family. The opportunities and connections this school has is more than any other school out there. To see my sons in uniform and to see there excitement after every achievement/promotion in rank is every parents dream for there kids. My oldest has earned so many medals, ribbons, pins, etc that he may run out of space on his uniform. It builds every kids confidence to be awarded for every achievement that they worked hard for and this school really goes to all lengths to show they care. The staff spends allot of there summers planning/going on excellent summer camps with the cadets that the school offers. I can't express enough about the opportunities this school has. It is by far an A+++++ school. It has truly made our sons more professional, respectful and leaders for entering into the working world now. I couldn't be more proud of our sons! Thank You DMA!

Delaware Military Academy 3

Posted August 23, 2011
The academics in this school are wonderful, but as it is a military school I was surprised at some of the teachers. Many talented teachers have been let go in the past few years, yet one who calls students names and belittles their political views if they don't agree with his remains there. Are teachers even allowed to indoctrinate students into their personal political beliefs? There are other teachers who spend much of their "teaching" time on YouTube, having found a way around the school's server, many teachers who curse at students, and some who seem to still want to be kids themselves. It's great if all you care about is a military career, but it is not a well-rounded school.

Delaware Military Academy
112 Middleboro Road, Wilmington, DE  19804
Last modified Delaware Military Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.