Posted June 24, 2014
I graduated a couple of years ago from DMA. As an incoming Junior at University of Delaware, I cannot be more thankful of the great experiences and opportunities afforded to me at DMA. As many know, the vast majority of Delaware public high schools are struggling when it comes to preparing students for college. This is a notable exception to that trend. As for the military part of it-- most of my fellow classmates enrolled in college, while the rest pursued military careers. I can honestly say that I developed a stronger character and sense of self as a result of the military influence. Little did I know how much I would miss this school and its strong, prosperous sense of community. The best is yet to come at DMA....

Posted February 23, 2013
I have two sons in Delaware Military Academy and I have worked/volunteered at all the schools our boys have gone to so far and by far DMA is the best out of all! This school is all about honor, respect, professionalism, leadership, commitment and the entire staff really treats all cadets as family. The opportunities and connections this school has is more than any other school out there. To see my sons in uniform and to see there excitement after every achievement/promotion in rank is every parents dream for there kids. My oldest has earned so many medals, ribbons, pins, etc that he may run out of space on his uniform. It builds every kids confidence to be awarded for every achievement that they worked hard for and this school really goes to all lengths to show they care. The staff spends allot of there summers planning/going on excellent summer camps with the cadets that the school offers. I can't express enough about the opportunities this school has. It is by far an A+++++ school. It has truly made our sons more professional, respectful and leaders for entering into the working world now. I couldn't be more proud of our sons! Thank You DMA!

Delaware Military Academy 3

Posted August 23, 2011
The academics in this school are wonderful, but as it is a military school I was surprised at some of the teachers. Many talented teachers have been let go in the past few years, yet one who calls students names and belittles their political views if they don't agree with his remains there. Are teachers even allowed to indoctrinate students into their personal political beliefs? There are other teachers who spend much of their "teaching" time on YouTube, having found a way around the school's server, many teachers who curse at students, and some who seem to still want to be kids themselves. It's great if all you care about is a military career, but it is not a well-rounded school.

Delaware Military Academy 4

Posted July 26, 2011
I have a daughter who graduated in 2009 and was under the leadership of Commadant Baldwin. I now have a son who is going into 11th grade and will graduate with class of 2013. I must admit that when Commadant Baldwin left and a new principle took over the school has gone down and is not the school it use to be when Commadant Baldwin was the principle. Amazing what the difference of a principle can make.

Delaware Military Academy 1

Posted June 22, 2011
Bad school do not go here. Teachers do not help the kids, and the school doesn't prepare you for college.

Posted December 02, 2010
Excellent program, strong academics, caring teachers, dedicated commandant (principal), instills and demonstrates the importance of citizenship, scholarship, and leadership in every cadet, tolerates NO bad behavior or poor grades, continuing to grow and thrive....the best school choice possible...really the best thing that has happened to Delaware

Delaware Military Academy
112 Middleboro Road, Wilmington, DE  19804
Last modified Delaware Military Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Delaware Military Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.