Posted June 03, 2014
This was our 1st year at Odyssey in grades 1 and 3. I can't say enough good things about this school. The staff is excellent and so very caring. The education is first class. I can't believe how much my daughters have excelled at this school. Its like getting a private education.

Posted June 03, 2014
Best school ever! Staff is amazing and the education is top notch. I could not ask for a better school for my children. It is very safe and caring environment and my children are happy everyday to go to this school

Posted May 21, 2014
Teachers are great! Parent involement is good. The principle in the upper school is a bit weak but very nice. The Assisant Principle in the Lower school is nice but can be condesending. There is no lunchroom. But the education is top notch...oh very rare dress down days. Uniforms can be quite pricey can only by from 2 places and must be emboarder. Used uniform sale can but items for $5 which is good. Education is very good though. Gym for little kids indoors and not uniforms. I have kids in the upper and lower school. School likes to issues demerits for every little thing. My kids teachers are both awesome...lots of work but we don't mind. Highs and lows in all school so i tried to give some of both.

Posted November 21, 2013
I am an advocate of Odyssey Charter School and have been for the past 6 years. I have watched our school grow from 230 kids to the 700 we have today. I have never witnessed nor could I fathom any of the staff using profanity towards our children in any circumstance. If this were true, did you report it to the headmaster? I can assure you, he would not tolerate such behavior!

Posted October 15, 2013
I really love the academics, and behavioral issues don't seem to be much of a problem. I was a little uneasy about the Greek at first, but now I really find it fascinating and valuable. The school does a fairly good job providing extracurricular activities -- chorus, band, Odyssey of the Mind, art club -- and we hear there will be sports in the spring. We are so excited about the school expanding, and we are extremely eager to hear about the new facility. The current facility (we're at the upper school) has no outdoor space and a very small, messy library full of piles of boxes. As much as we appreciate the outstanding quality of the teachers, previous reviewers are correct in saying that the administration is chaotic and some are rude to both parents and students. Communication from the school is not very good, and it takes a lot of work to get responses to questions. The lack of a cafeteria isn't an issue for us, although it concerns me that students requiring free or reduced-price lunch may be unable to attend the school. Overall, I like Odyssey, and I'm confident that the administration will strengthen and get more organized as the school evolves.

Posted September 18, 2013
While Odyssey offers a challenging curriculum and language program, their staff is lacking in experience. As a parent of 2 children in the school, one has EVERY need met and his I.E.P. team beyond meets what we were expecting once it was found our child had a learning disability. LOVE them. The , for lack of a better way to say it, "better than you, know it all" attitude some of the staff have is frustrating to deal with as a parent. If your child is not fitting the "odyssey" mold, what they think a 5 to 8yr old should be, you will be met with disdain, looked down on as a parent, made to feel less than by the administration and guidance counselors. Having been told one of my children should be medicated, suggested he had autism, adhd, add...was not only ILLEGAL (you are not Dr.'s, you are educators) it was insulting and they took it upon themselves to treat my child as if he had been diagnosed with these thing... upon taking him to A.I. they could not understand why a teacher and guidance counselor would say these things..he has NONE of them nor have we seen evidence at home of these disorders. 2 VERY different experiences with my children, within the same school system....sadly.

Posted September 12, 2013
This is our sons 4th year at OCS. It is a wonderful school.The teachers and staff are very helpful in getting the best education for your child.

Posted August 22, 2013
My grandson has attended odyssey for K thru 4th grade. I know he is safe there besides getting a good education. I do wish the Physical Ed more frequent (once a week isn't enough).

Posted May 17, 2013
Comparing class sizes and what other children are being taught at the other public schools, Odyssey is far superior to the other options that are available. Education is individualized to the students abilities and needs. A second language is taught every day as well as a 2nd period of math every day. My daughter's teacher is very involved and always there when I need her to ask questions or get feedback. I am eagerly awaiting their expansion into better facilities. Parents are highly encouraged to participate and there is an active PTO. Children bring their own lunches to school (which I happen to prefer). One of the best options for elementary public schooling in the state. Just look at the test scores!

Odyssey Charter School 1

Posted March 21, 2013
If you were lucky enough to attend Odyssey Charter School a few years ago, then you may remember its former glory. It continues to decline steadily as new administration was put in place. The teachers and leaders act entitled while treating the families as if they are second-class citizens. The "new" Odyssey Charter forgets that they are a PUBLIC school, funded by tax-payer dollars. If you want to join a school in a state of continued chaos, a Board that makes decisions in a bubble, and your children to ride overcrowded buses, then this is the place for you.

Odyssey Charter School
201 Bayard Avenue, Wilmington, DE  19805
Last modified Odyssey Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top