Prestige Academy 2

Posted January 16, 2014
Prestige Administration has a good idea with the direction of the school. The school says it focuses on discipline, academics and education, but many of the kids do not. The teachers are good as far as teaching goes, but I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone whose kid is already on a good path. Perfect for kids facing issues of juvenile delinquency. Terrible for kids who are already college bound.

Prestige Academy 1

Posted May 24, 2013
Administration needs work, not very receptive and arrogant prinipal, not easily approached as has a stanoffish demanor.

Prestige Academy 5

Posted October 15, 2012
I am glad taht I made the choice to switch my son to Prestige Academy. He did not have a very good year at the school he attended last year. They were trying to make him repeat the 5th grade a second time. Since he has been at Prestige his grades have imprved drastically and he currently has nothing lower than a "C" grade. He loves going to school and is talking about his future plans for high school and college.

Prestige Academy 1

Posted May 29, 2012
My choice to enroll my son in this school was clouded by great presentations and ceremonies.The computer system was down when I first went to have my child tested for placement. I made several requests to have him tested as he was falling way behind. It wasn't completed until I hired an advocate & made my request in writing by then he was further behind. Bus schedules in the beginning of the year were not functioning properly well into November. Groups of Parents outside the school complaining about being late or having to miss work because the bus didnt show up AT ALL. They did change bus companies but even in May my sons bus driver tld him to ask a parent going our way if he could catch a ride hm so she didnt have to drive that far out in Friday traffic. They dont even have text books they use poorly printed copies that are always being lost by students as well as teachers. Things are very unorganized & clssrooms are out of control. If the school allows prospective parents to view reasons for student susp/det fights/threats are to say the least! Getting a return call even takes persistance. Many parents as well as myself aren't reenrolling because its just not what was expected.

Prestige Academy 5

Posted May 27, 2011
Great school. My son is a transfer from New Jersey and his grades have improved tremendously while attending Prestige. They prepare young men to become professionals. My son is in 5 grade and got a perfect score on the DSTP Reading and Math test. Ms. Davison is a remarkable teacher and there is no doubt she cares about her students. The school is in downtown Wilmington and there are parents that bring their kids from Dover. Amazing school and my wife and I plan on sending our younger son when hes old enough to attend.

Prestige Academy
1121 Thatcher Street, Wilmington, DE  19802
Last modified Prestige Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prestige Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.