Resources for choosing schools
Need help choosing schools? Check these resources to help simplify the process.
Learn more on what to look for when touring schools in these videos:
Video: A guide to private schools
Video: How to find a middle school
By GreatSchools Staff
If you are in the process of choosing a school, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the array of choices and decisions to be made. These helpful resources will make the process easier.
Check these articles on GreatSchools.org:
- Choosing a School in California
- Imagining Your Ideal School: An Exercise For Setting Priorities
- Making the Transition: 10 Tips for Adjusting to a New School
- The School Visit: Things to Look for: Questions to Ask
- Hassel, Bryan C. and Emily Ayscue , Picky Parent Guide: The Elementary Years (K-6); Choose Your Child's School With Confidence, Armchair Press, 2004: This helpful book is chock full of tips and worksheets to guide you through the school choice process. Learn about finding a school that fits your child's and your needs, and identifying qualities that make a great school.
- Bennett, William J; Finn, Chester E. and Cribb, John T.,The Educated Child: A Parent's Guide from Preschool through Eighth Grade, Simon & Schuster, 1999: Learn about the ten signs of a good school, what your child should be learning, questions to ask your child's teacher and more.
Thanks to the California Business for Education Excellence Foundation for providing information for this article.