A. L. Mebane Middle School 5

Posted September 01, 2013
Mebane is wonderful. With one child in the gifted classes, and another in regular curriculum, I always worry how the two will be treated. They are both very happy. They like their teachers, and they have met many new friends. Last year we had low numbers in PTO, but I see this increasing already. The two administrators and front office were very helpful when we came to Mebane. The teachers all responded to my emails at the beginning of the year.

Posted January 11, 2011
Great teaching staff. The principal is a great one. Over all... Its a great school but couls still use some help on places. Not everything is perfect.

Posted September 16, 2009
There are a great number of nurturing teachers and faculty here. They also offer special programming in fields like scince and technology.

A. L. Mebane Middle School 1

Posted May 26, 2009
My son left Mebane Middle School after Spring Break and is now going to Oak View Middle School in Newberry. Slowly my son is recovering from Mebane's total chaos that took place in January 09. He is now getting straight B's which is an awesome improvement to last qtr. at Mebane. I thank God my son was able to transfer to a new school at such a late date. It saved his academic grades. Two other kids from Mebane also transferred that same day to Oak View. That speaks volumes to me about Mebane's poor administration!

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted April 16, 2009
It was very disturbing to me about the change of classes in 'january' why then ? My daughter was doing just wonderful in her classes. She was getting a's in math with a wonderful caring math teacher, very attentive with their teaching and now my daughter is back to getting 'c's' in math. It seems like a few things are being put on the way side here and it is our children s education at stake. It seems like everyone is putting their tails between their legs and going through the motions and not really caring anymore. What happened here ? I know there are rules and regulations but cant people actually be themselves and really care about our students and their education ? I miss the days of chet saunders and dan mcvale.

A. L. Mebane Middle School 1

Posted March 25, 2009

Posted December 19, 2008
My son has a very different view of the principal. He believes that the principal is very caring. She attends most of the students extra curricular activities. She speaks to all of the students as she passes them on the side walk. He likes her very much.

Posted December 18, 2008
The princepal at a.l.mebane middle school has no support for the kids and does not care about them , and does not want to help the kids out. Also, she does not want kids to have a little freedom when she has bad days . some kids and staff think that she does not want to be there because she has a very bad temper problem with kids at that school. If we were to have a good princepal then i think that our school would have a better standard.

A. L. Mebane Middle School 4

Posted October 14, 2008

A. L. Mebane Middle School
16401 Northwest 140th Street, Alachua, FL  32615
Last modified A. L. Mebane Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A. L. Mebane Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top