1,173 students|Alachua

Bad
Good

I am currently a Student at SFHS in the veterinary program, and though it is a great school with some of the best teachers I have had in my life. The veterinary assisting Program is definitely not all its cracked up to be. It is truly an extension of the Ag programs and it is truly an Ag class in that all we do is go outside and "rate" or "determine condition of" the cattle AKA go look at cows. We have also done very little actually Veterinary besides making quizlets of veterinary terms and cow breeds. We are currently doing a very political assignment on False advertising and are supposed to support the Agricultural community regardless with only our teacher's opinion and a film about FFA instead of learning how to treat and keep animals healthy and safe. The Teacher also seems to be more of a countryboy/farmer than a teacher.

I graduated from SFHS in 2010. There were good and bad sides to going there. Some of the teachers were rather lackluster and spent too much time focusing on the FCAT (in my 10th grade English class, we barely read any of the classic books the teacher said we would, and instead spent months working on punctuation, even though it was the highest level class), but I LOVED all of my AP teachers/courses, especially European History. I was in the band, which is a phenomenal program with an amazing director, and yearbook, which was also great, though the adviser has since changed. Not the best place for sports though, especially football. The principal was also amazing, and very focused on the students. I believe he just retired though, so hopefully they'll find someone that can fill his shoes.

Great school and teachers. However, the football team could use some help, so come in and play! By the way, our band is awsome, with I think at least 10 State Championships, the football with two.

I am also currently attending Santa Fe and am about to enter my tenth grade year. There are a handful of excellent teachers who create motivation in students but there are also teachers who are rather ignorant of what they teach as well as how exactly to motivate students. The campus itself is improving as it is expanding. So, perhaps, the school will improve. Yet, the whole reason I arrived at this site is to see what other schools are near that I may wish to join.

I am currently a student at SFHS and I love being here. The classes are challenging and they make you think. All of the classes are not easy, if you work hard enough then you will get the grade you deserve. The focus on the FCAT a lot and because of all the preparation people pass the FCAT. SFHS is basically a great school. We don't have problems with drugs and it has a great school environment overall.

I am a student at SFHS and I hate it. I get A's and B's and classes are easy. But then again, how hard would you expect a class to be on 'how to pass the FCAT'? The entire school is geared towards passing the FCAT just to keep the school well rated, but there are ALOT of drugs being moved NOT SAFE

I went to SFHS as did my sister and I can say that I had a great education there. I was able to join numerous clubs and was in band for 4 years. I went off to a great college and had no trouble keeping up. It's a great country school.

Last modified Santa Fe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.