Santa Fe High School 4

Posted June 28, 2012
I graduated from SFHS in 2010. There were good and bad sides to going there. Some of the teachers were rather lackluster and spent too much time focusing on the FCAT (in my 10th grade English class, we barely read any of the classic books the teacher said we would, and instead spent months working on punctuation, even though it was the highest level class), but I LOVED all of my AP teachers/courses, especially European History. I was in the band, which is a phenomenal program with an amazing director, and yearbook, which was also great, though the adviser has since changed. Not the best place for sports though, especially football. The principal was also amazing, and very focused on the students. I believe he just retired though, so hopefully they'll find someone that can fill his shoes.

Santa Fe High School 0

Posted November 07, 2009
Great school and teachers. However, the football team could use some help, so come in and play! By the way, our band is awsome, with I think at least 10 State Championships, the football with two.

Santa Fe High School 3

Posted June 30, 2009
I am also currently attending Santa Fe and am about to enter my tenth grade year. There are a handful of excellent teachers who create motivation in students but there are also teachers who are rather ignorant of what they teach as well as how exactly to motivate students. The campus itself is improving as it is expanding. So, perhaps, the school will improve. Yet, the whole reason I arrived at this site is to see what other schools are near that I may wish to join.

Posted February 10, 2009

Santa Fe High School 5

Posted January 30, 2009

Santa Fe High School 5

Posted December 26, 2008
I am currently a student at SFHS and I love being here. The classes are challenging and they make you think. All of the classes are not easy, if you work hard enough then you will get the grade you deserve. The focus on the FCAT a lot and because of all the preparation people pass the FCAT. SFHS is basically a great school. We don't have problems with drugs and it has a great school environment overall.

Posted February 10, 2008
I am a student at SFHS and I hate it. I get A's and B's and classes are easy. But then again, how hard would you expect a class to be on 'how to pass the FCAT'? The entire school is geared towards passing the FCAT just to keep the school well rated, but there are ALOT of drugs being moved NOT SAFE

Posted May 22, 2007

Santa Fe High School 4

Posted April 25, 2007
- a former student
I went to SFHS as did my sister and I can say that I had a great education there. I was able to join numerous clubs and was in band for 4 years. I went off to a great college and had no trouble keeping up. It's a great country school.

Posted June 25, 2006
I am a current dual enrolled student from Santa Fe High. I found the campus difficult to learn on with too much of an element on 'Pass the FCAT'. I feel that the faculty/staff put too much of a stress on that in order to keep the school highly rated in the 'school grading program'. I would not go back to the school from the SFCC Dual Enrollment Program because in that environment I felt unsafe, with poorly motivated teachers who could not motivated the students.

Santa Fe High School
16213 Northwest US Highway 441, Alachua, FL  32615
Last modified Santa Fe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Fe High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top