706 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Unless you are bilingual or teach and have a child attending then good luck. My 1st child had a great experience up until now. They currently have amazing teachers. They are fighting an uphill battle. It is one big clique and my kids are suffering because they do not speak spanish or have a parent on the staff. It has gone downhill in the past 2 years. The PTA is trying to get family involvement but if the parents knew how the staff views us being considered a low income title 1 school they wouldnt want any part of being involved there. I used to be proud to walk in there and now I just feel uncomfortable knowing what they say about the kids there. There are some very special people there and then there are some that are just not good people. I am desperately trying to get out of there even if it means moving.

Outstanding Dual Language program especially in upper grades. Administration is working hard to get the school back on top after the prior administration did the school no justice. The school may be rated a C for the third year but it's a fact that not very many parents have their children study and do their homework. I witness this myself as a school volunteer. The majority of the teachers work really hard. So instead of judging the school by the letter grade do your research. Spring Lake is an outstanding school as a whole.

It is sad to see this school rated by its results as a C school for the THIRD year in a row. What is wrong with the school's administration AND the headquarters that keeps this principal in place? This used to be a highly rated school!

I agree with everything the last poster stated. The woman running the front desk is so rude and disrespectful. I'm so disgusted with it all right now that I'm looking into other options for my kid. The first place they should start cleaning house though is reception.

This school needs some mayor cleaning house. Starting with the staff at the front desk! They are always rude and treat the students and parents with no respect at all. The level of communication between parents , teachers and saff is disgusting. The quality of teachers is very poor. There are very few that take pride in being a teacher. It really is a shame and I would never recommend this school to anyone! There is a reason why they are a C school !!! The entire front office staff needs to be Fired!!!

This school consistently underperforms, and their standards continue to slide toward failing. Look at the test results. Look at the misspellings of the parent comments in these reviews. Draw your own conclusions based on the facts. I'd wager most of these recent positive reviews were staff-generated. Time to clean house. Top to bottom, this school is failing the children, and the community.

I really love this school. The school principal is strict and wants every student to do great in their school and wants every student to do their best effort.The stuff are nice and try to help you the best they can! I give this school a 5 star

Nice school, I loved it for my daughter 4th and 5th grade year. She did enjoy it as well. I recommend this elementary school to anyone, students are disciplined and teachers are interested in the students. Unlike, her high school Crooms Academy, which I do NOT recommend, due simply to the fact of their being so many troublemakers their, they have lead my daughter to drop out.

I've now had two children, one boy and one girl, complete 6 years at Spring Lake, and I feel that over the years the school has continually done the best it can with the resources it's given. Demographics have changed with the changing economy, there's been a lot of construction nearby, and the school itself has been renovated, yet the staff continues to make due and tries to keep the kids focused. The gifted program is limited, but everything is limited... I wouldn't eat the school's lunch! Moreover, I have seen the "little things" that teachers here have done, things that they are not required to do and not paid to do, but they do anyway because it's who they are. I wish our tax base gave this school a sizable budget. Image what they could do then! Note that I give 5 stars for parental involvement because that indicates whether the SCHOOL does a good job with it. The parents here are not very involved. And a special shout out to Mr. Toth, the music teacher. He manages to engage the kids with so few resources. Everything I've ever seen him do is done right, from rehearsal schedules to music selection to the efficient manner in which he runs performances. Great job!

I have a second grader and a first grader in this school and I think that their teachers are very good. I appreciate the fact that I am informed of my sons' progress. I also found it great that when my second grader was tested for being gifted and instead was found to be advanced, instead of keeping him on the same easy lesson planned, they offered him an opportunity to go to an advanced learning class throughout the week to push him. I have no complaints about this school and I am planning on sending my youngest to PK here next year.

Last modified Spring Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.