Altamonte Springs, FL

Spring Lake Elementary School 2

Posted August 21, 2014
I agree with everything the last poster stated. The woman running the front desk is so rude and disrespectful. I'm so disgusted with it all right now that I'm looking into other options for my kid. The first place they should start cleaning house though is reception.

Posted May 29, 2014
This school needs some mayor cleaning house. Starting with the staff at the front desk! They are always rude and treat the students and parents with no respect at all. The level of communication between parents , teachers and saff is disgusting. The quality of teachers is very poor. There are very few that take pride in being a teacher. It really is a shame and I would never recommend this school to anyone! There is a reason why they are a C school !!! The entire front office staff needs to be Fired!!!

Posted April 28, 2014
This school consistently underperforms, and their standards continue to slide toward failing. Look at the test results. Look at the misspellings of the parent comments in these reviews. Draw your own conclusions based on the facts. I'd wager most of these recent positive reviews were staff-generated. Time to clean house. Top to bottom, this school is failing the children, and the community.

Posted April 27, 2014
I really love this school. The school principal is strict and wants every student to do great in their school and wants every student to do their best effort.The stuff are nice and try to help you the best they can! I give this school a 5 star

Posted April 24, 2014
Nice school, I loved it for my daughter 4th and 5th grade year. She did enjoy it as well. I recommend this elementary school to anyone, students are disciplined and teachers are interested in the students. Unlike, her high school Crooms Academy, which I do NOT recommend, due simply to the fact of their being so many troublemakers their, they have lead my daughter to drop out.

Posted May 30, 2013
I've now had two children, one boy and one girl, complete 6 years at Spring Lake, and I feel that over the years the school has continually done the best it can with the resources it's given. Demographics have changed with the changing economy, there's been a lot of construction nearby, and the school itself has been renovated, yet the staff continues to make due and tries to keep the kids focused. The gifted program is limited, but everything is limited... I wouldn't eat the school's lunch! Moreover, I have seen the "little things" that teachers here have done, things that they are not required to do and not paid to do, but they do anyway because it's who they are. I wish our tax base gave this school a sizable budget. Image what they could do then! Note that I give 5 stars for parental involvement because that indicates whether the SCHOOL does a good job with it. The parents here are not very involved. And a special shout out to Mr. Toth, the music teacher. He manages to engage the kids with so few resources. Everything I've ever seen him do is done right, from rehearsal schedules to music selection to the efficient manner in which he runs performances. Great job!

Posted March 30, 2013
I have a second grader and a first grader in this school and I think that their teachers are very good. I appreciate the fact that I am informed of my sons' progress. I also found it great that when my second grader was tested for being gifted and instead was found to be advanced, instead of keeping him on the same easy lesson planned, they offered him an opportunity to go to an advanced learning class throughout the week to push him. I have no complaints about this school and I am planning on sending my youngest to PK here next year.

Spring Lake Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2012
I would like to first off say my child loves going here and her teacher. It gets a little frustrating somedays with their rules/policies, but in the long run I do understand them. I do just ask that they supervise their safety patrol students more, it is a privilege and some of them abuse it. Lastly to the parent with the child that didn't eat, the make sure every child eats. All they do is send home a little yellow paper telling you there is a balance due. I purposely moved to this side of Altamonte to have my child in this school.

Spring Lake Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2012
I am still trying to figure out this school. I have just moved to this state and Spring Lake was the school choosen for my child. My child is 5 years old. I went to open house and registration and i was not told that my child had to bring money or her own lunch just to eat on the first day. My child went all day wwithout eating anything. She said she asked the lunch lady for some food and she told her no, that she should have came earlier. What kind of person turn a child down on food when they are hungry? What kind of school let a child sit in class without eating? Why they did not call me and say that she needed some food? It is hard for anyone to concentrate when they are hungry. I still have mixed reviews on this school. NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND my child was left out

Posted April 25, 2012
disappointed over lack of communication from my son's teacher. Problem brought to the attention of the principal, vice principal and guidance. This year has been a waste of time for my son. He is special ed and I felt that he should have been moved to another class room. As a parent we should have the choice of which school to send our children but the so called school choice program is not honored by seminole county. I do not recommend this school to any parent.

Spring Lake Elementary School
695 Orange Avenue, Altamonte Springs, FL  32714
Last modified Spring Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top