26 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

They sure try hard and set up their system to encourage honesty, integrity and fairness. Keep in mind that many of the students have challenging pasts or emotional disturbances. But Hopper Center has the best system I've ever seen in a public school for academics and character building in this challenging group.

My daughter with an emotional behavioral disorder attends this school. They have a strong, positive reinforcement program. I don't think its fair to judge them by test scores. My daughter only did 10 percent of her work at her old school, so of course she is behind and won't test as well. But at her old school she wasn't held accountable. She didn't care if I took away privileges at home for not doing homework or refusing to read, because her old school would still give her toys and candy even if she did no school work and didn't behave at all! Hopper Center does hold my daughter accountable. The children at Hopper Center earn points they use for privileges. If they don't choose to earn something, the teachers don't give in just because they look cute, but stand firm, try to help them make the connection of their own choices and encourage them to earn the next treat or privilege. My daughter's teacher is amazing. You can tell she has a lot of experience with tough kids and still wants them to succeed even after they would try the patience of a saint. I wish my daughter had been placed at this school sooner. I honestly think she would not have fallen so far behind academically and behaviorally. This school is everything my daughter's therapist wanted for her, and everything I and the therapists have been asking for year after year as she regressed. Hopper Center will give your challenging child a chance to be successful. Whether they take that chance is up to them of course.

Hopper Center is the best positive modification education my son could have in the Orlando area. Although this is Seminole County, we are not far from Orange County line. I love the individual attention my son receives and the positive reinforcement. Another good thing about the Hopper Center is that my son would not be able to be in a small classroom like he is in Hopper. Being held accountable for his actions is the best way to make him see he can't just react on his emotions when he get mad.

This is school is well below some of the other Orlando schools I have been involved with. The test schools are way down from other schools. My child was never happy here. I do not recommend this school at all.

Last modified Hopper Center is a Public school that serves grades K-5