699 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

im new to the area and i was looking for a school for my kid's to go i call to see what grade was the school and was told a D my kid's are comeing from A school i can't see that right now.

Apollo Beach Elementary is a great school. With wonderful teachers and a caring staff. My now 7th Grader loved it there, and my 5th Grader is doing great. We all can not imagine a better school that you could send your children too. My Children have had some learning issues and have had to attend summer reading camps before at other schools in the county. I was so happy to get back to ABES the following fall, other schools are just not the same. My only wish was that this school went all the the way through Highs School!

There are some new teachers that my son has gotten for kindergarten and first grade and they have been wonderful. Great communication and very passionate about teaching. I wish more of the teachers were as caring and dedicated to the children. Many parents aren't shy when they share information so I would be careful not to get too close, personally I don't care much for the social click and gossip as far as the PTA, and administration go. Too many of the same people worrying about your business.

We moved house just to get in the zone for this school .... amazing place - the teachers so far all seem wonderful. Both the principal and vice principal are extremely friendly and welcoming. The school is a nice size without about 500 children, compared to many other school in the county that have many more pupils. It is not the newest school in the area, but has all the facilities that you would require ... especially with such wonderful staff. The school works really hard to engage parents in fund raising ideas ... because the more funds raised, the more your child will benefit. There are extra curricular activities every single month including things like: skate night, silent auction, weekend carnival. I cannot sing this school's praises high enough, and I am so pleased that we moved home to enable us the opportunity to send our children to this wonderful school.

I am very impressed with the teachers, administration and staff who are friendly, caring, and accommodating. My second grader loves her teachers and her school. Her homework is appropriate. She has math assignments every night and reading and spelling assignments every other night. She is also encouraged to set a goal to read every night of her choice of books. The school sets very high expectations for the students. I am very sure my child will excel in this school.

The administration, staff, and teachers are fantastic and provide a safe, friendly, and nurturing environment for the students. The teachers go above and beyond the Florida state educational standards. Parents are VERY involved in the school and are always made to feel welcome by the staff and the wonderful PTA. The Principal and VP are enthusiastic, fair, very friendly, and they truly care about the students and providing quality education and great school experience.

This is my child's 2nd year at ABES and I have been very impressed with the school, staff, administration, and parent involvement. It's obvious Mrs. Gerding has high expectations of her teachers, which they strive to meet with enthusiasm and dedication to their students. I just read a few earlier reviews from 4-5 years ago and was truly surprised by some of the negative comments. Goes to show a lot can change in that amount of time. We feel very fortunate to have such a great school in this area!

I went there from K-5 and I just thought all of the teachers were amazing. They set great expectations for students and do not give up on them. They are very encouraging to students. I am hoping my son will get to go there when he starts K.

Great teachers and staff. Always several options to solve a problem.

I have 2 students that attend ABES. Oldest since K5 and is now in kindergarten. We love the teachers, education and staff and the community involvement. Wouldn't send my kids anywhere else!

Last modified Apollo Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.