Bear Lake Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2014
The teachers are good for the most part, you definitely need one that does not stick to the horrible curriculum that Seminole County bought. Go Math is atrocious. Reading Street is no better - unless you have teachers that think outside the box (and break the "rules"). It's a shame that common core and the ridiculous amounts of testing that come with it came along and I miss the old principal. It hasn't been the same since she left.

Bear Lake Elementary School 1

Posted December 19, 2013
School is bad because of the teachers and lack of rules. Lots of laziness and waste of potential!

Posted October 28, 2012
We have had two children come through Bear Lake, and we love it! The school is like a big family for us. The teachers are the best, so knowledgeable and caring! Our Principal is kind and enthusiastic, positive, caring, and full of great ideas! The parent involvement and opportunities to serve through PTA, SAC, and Dividends are numerous, and we have high parental involvement. The front office staff is friendly, and parents and children feel welcomed and appreciated. Bear Lake is a fantastic school, and exemplary in any arena, public or private! The school offers challenges for all students academically, and we have lots of clubs and activities to meet student interests, too. Our music teacher is especially amazing with the Bear Lake Sound Ensemble. Running Club is a huge, positive, challenging program. The Reading program and Technology are amazing, as is our award-winning Robotics Club. I cannot say enough about this wonderful, happy place that both my children have loved attending!

Posted January 27, 2012
I have had at least one child in this school continuously for the last 21 years. We even stayed at Bear Lake when the area was rezoned many years ago. We love Bear Lake!! The staff truly treats the students like one of their own..all the way down to the cafeteria manager,(Teresa you are great!) The school went above and beyond when we were going through some tough times in the last couple iof years.. I cannot say enough great things about this school..I will certainly miss it when the last of mine finish this year.

Bear Lake Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2011
As with any school there are different types of teachers. We have had two amazing teachers, two great teachers, and one teacher that I would have liked to drop kick. lol But the school itself is great. Great after and before school activities. The schools scores are one of the top in the area. We moved here from out of state and I know that it is extremely hard to pick a school and an are to live in when you are hundreds of miles away. You will not go wrong living in the Bear Lake district. Teague Middle and Lake Brantley High are also great schools!

Posted December 01, 2009
I am an employee as well as a parent of two sons who went through Bear Lake for all of their elementary years. Of course, I am biased since I am an employee here; however, I can tell you that Bear Lake is as fantastic both from the 'outsider's' as well as from this 'insider's' perspective as far as quality, academic/extra curricular offerings, special education support, before/after school tutoring, counseling support, administrative leadership, and lastly, quality employees throughout. Bear Lake has been an A school more often than not and has been the receipient of the 5 Star School award consistently for years! Many employees have found a home at Bear Lake and have remained for 20, 30+ years. By the same token, new teachers bring fresh ideas, perspectives & energy to this well established school. As a parent & employee, I sing the praises of the great things happening here!

Posted July 18, 2009
Excellent school with wonderful, caring teachers. Highly recommended!

Posted July 08, 2009
Awesome Elementary School! Great teachers & wonderful parent participation. Positive in learning and manners as well.

Posted May 22, 2009
Go Mrs Mora!!-1st grade- You are a GREAT teacher..This is the best school my kids have ever been to.They actually love going to school now.Good job. AC-parent

Posted September 23, 2008
I have been with the Bear lake Family For 18 Years Yes 18 and I am very proud to say having a 1st grader and starting all over with the caring offfice family The Teachers the best teachers in all of Florida The Best Kitchen famiy They look out for our childern!! They are childern not numbers at Bear lake,

Bear Lake Elementary School
3399 Gleaves Court, Apopka, FL  32703
Last modified Bear Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Lake Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top