Posted June 22, 2014
My child started Kindergarten here last year and I thought her teacher, Ms. Haines, was extremely organized and helpful. The classroom itself was very organized, clean and distraction free. My child moved along nicely and I could see her progress over the year to prepare her for the next grade. As a Kindergartener, she went on a dozen field trips as well! I was very satisfied with the school overall. They had a few events, like Family night and Sea Dads throughout the year to keep parents and children involved in the school. They sent home a weekly newsletter with important dates and reminders. They have an excellent media center, a coastal science room with an aquarium and touch tank, art, music and P.E. which all focus around coastal sciences. My only issue was that there is no recess. They went out, I believe once a week rather than at least once a day. I drove from base housing at NS Mayport to this school everyday (~5 minutes one way) for a whole year and I do not regret my decision to drive the extra distance to take her there. From my experience, I really like this school and would recommend it to anyone.

Posted April 19, 2014
I live in Texas before but because my husband job i had to move to JAX .I felt very concern that i wanted to find a great school for my son and mayport elementary throughout this year my child been there i do not regret my choice very good school in everything. It was awesome to have my child here he really enjoy this year know he have a lot of friend and he dont miss Texas .

Posted March 14, 2014
We searched long and hard to make sure we picked the right school for our child. We pondered on whether to send him private school or if there was a magnet school option that would fit his learning needs. We have been at Mayport for 2 years now. The first week of Kindergarten I walked into the Principal's office expressing some concerns I had. She very quickly addressed them. The teachers, staff and Principal are all very involved in our child's safety and learning experience. I truly believe they are there because they love their job. I can see the joy my son has when he comes home from school each day with the new things he has learned. They keep the parents informed on a regular basis with phone calls about upcoming events and weekly flyers. They have also been offering breakout sessions for us to learn more about other things like bullying or common core. We are truly happy with the choice we made.

Posted February 11, 2014
I like the fact that our school offers programs for us on how to help enrich our children and help them to become great leaders of our world. My children have done very well and succeded in so many ways. We have great people that work here and continue to strive to get our students where they want to go or be. There is no price on what they offer. I am proud to say I am a Mayport Elementary Parent and Volunteer. Please keep up the Good work.. We love our school.

Posted September 26, 2013
Mayport Coastal Sciences Elementary Acadamy is our school & we are PROUD to say that. We had our daughter come over in 5th grade with the Magnet Program a7 ended up with straight A's. This year we have a daughter in 1st grade plus kindergarten last year. An EXCELLENT school to have our children in,,

Posted January 23, 2013
I'm a former student from Mayport, I was there from Kindergarten to 4th grade when I was transferred to Washington State. Admittedly, Mayport is probably the best school I went to. My experience with the staff had been amazing, but as I read more, it's disappointing to see how long it has fallen.

Mayport Elementary School 2

Posted June 24, 2012
My child attended Kindergarten at Mayport Elementary. Being a military family it was hard for me moving here and not knowing what the schools were like but I hoped for the best and tried to make the best of it. My child was placed with a teacher that did not care to do her job she did not supervise the children and bullying was a huge issue for us my child lost interest in school and dreaded going to school everyday. I requested a move to another class and his new teacher was a godsend! She met with me and discussed how I can help his progress at home gave me tools to help get him where he should be academically and she really put forth effort to help each child individually which is very hard to do! By far best teacher in that school! My child was reading and writing and loved his new teacher! I do not recommend this school because it doesn't offer any programs, it has a foul smell when you walk in and the staff in my opinion lacks professionalism in their dress and the way they address us parents. Thank God for the magnet programs in FL my child will have the opportunity to attend an "a" school next year with great programs and a lot of teacher/parent/ community involvement.

Mayport Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2011
We were new to the area and of course I did a review on the school and I was pretty nervous about my children going here, but apparently this year they have a new principal and they are a Coastal Science magnet school and I absolutely love the school. My children are happy, they are learning a lot and doing very well and they absolutely love learning about the coastal sciences. I never once heard either one of my kids say that they didn't want to go to school, in fact, they get upset if they have to miss school because they are too sick to go. I am very happy with how they run things, I feel that my children are secure and safe, and from what I was told of the school before, I think they definitely stepped it up.

Mayport Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2011
This school was pretty good. My son was lucky to get an amazing teacher and that really helped his experience there. But overall it's a pretty average school with nothing special to offer.

Mayport Elementary School 1

Posted June 27, 2011
From what I see the school has been on a downward spiral over the past three years by looking at the test scores.

Mayport Elementary School
2753 Shangri La Drive, Atlantic Beach, FL  32233
Last modified Mayport Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayport Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.