413 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 02, 2016
Atlantic Beach Elementary offers the warmth and welcome of a neighborhood school while providing the rigor and challenge of an Advanced and Technical Magnet. We have toured different counties, schools, programs, charters, and officially decided on ABE. We have never looked back. The school offers a comprehensive learning experience for all students. Children from older grades read to younger grades, students share planting and harvesting in the garden, and children from all ages walk the hallways with respect and pride. We are so happy to have 3 of our 4 children attending. We hope to have all 4 attending soon!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 02, 2016
The students are proud of their school. More importantly, the children respect and admire the staff and teachers. This breeds and instills honesty and integrity.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 02, 2016
I want to say Thank you To Everyone. The School Leader, The staff, the teachers, the students, and the parents.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 02, 2016
Absolutely! My children arrive home more determined than me. They speak about the planets, the lunch conversation, and the fun things they learned at music!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 02, 2016
We have experienced children reaching out to others who have tripped and fallen as well as those who reach a hand out to someone who may not speak their language. It is a community.

Posted February 02, 2016
This school has been such a wonderful choice for our very active son. The fact that it is smaller gives has helped him to not get lost in the group. The outdoor track, shaded play area, and extra PE teacher have been such a blessing in a time when so many schools are getting rid of outdoor exercise during the school day. We have had 2 years of fantastic teachers who truly love and cheer for our son's success. There is a great sense of community at Atlantic Beach Elementary, and we are enjoying watching our son blossom there! -Parent of 1st grader

Posted January 18, 2015
Atlantic Beach Elementary is a wonderful neighbhorhood school. Fantastic faculty, staff and principal. We are a new family to the ABE community and have been really impressed with this school.

Posted May 14, 2013
Substitute Teacher. This is by far the most enjoyable school I have worked at in all of the DCPS school system. I was able to network with teachers and actually teach the entire lesson plan. The students did their work. They even got the answers correct as a whole group. My time there was filled with encouragement directed towards the students. Special activities used as motivational tools designed to add balance to the work schedule. Let them cut loose for a bit. Then give them work. It is completed and then one to the next group. I was able to make connections with students who had problems then solve their problems and watched them smile back at me. It was like a picture perfect movie down to the maintenance of the school. Even the janitors went out of their way to make a perfect stranger smile. This is what I was hoping for in my line of work. Only bad thing about ABE is now I am cursed by its beauty and must go to other DCPS schools and daydream about returning to the beach to see the next generation that I want to take care of me in my old age, and vote in elections, be my doctor or lawyer. Teach my kids, possibly just run into at the store and say Hi. Send your kids to ABE

Posted June 19, 2011
We are Midwestern transplants coming from terrific Blue Ribbon schools. We were moving to Atlantic Beach and we were very concerned with the reputation of the public schools. We prefer sending our children to school with neighborhood kids but we were willing to do whatever it takes to give our kids a great educational experience. We spent considerable time researching the private, parochial and the public school opportunities for our children and after interviewing parents and faculty who seemed equally committed to great education (and who raved about ABE), we chose to send our daughter to Atlantic Beach Elementary. It was a very good decision for us. She continued getting straight A s, she scored 5 s on the FCAT and was elected to Student Council. We are very satisfied with our decision and thrilled to be a part of such a dynamic community. MH

Posted October 14, 2010
Excellent teachers, strong parent involvement/PTA, beautiful facility. I really like the after school enrichment classes offered, which include art, tennis, oceanography, math, yoga, crafts, and more.

298 Sherry Drive, Atlantic Beach, FL  32233
Last modified Atlantic Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlantic Beach Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top