Atlantic Beach, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted May 14, 2013
Substitute Teacher. This is by far the most enjoyable school I have worked at in all of the DCPS school system. I was able to network with teachers and actually teach the entire lesson plan. The students did their work. They even got the answers correct as a whole group. My time there was filled with encouragement directed towards the students. Special activities used as motivational tools designed to add balance to the work schedule. Let them cut loose for a bit. Then give them work. It is completed and then one to the next group. I was able to make connections with students who had problems then solve their problems and watched them smile back at me. It was like a picture perfect movie down to the maintenance of the school. Even the janitors went out of their way to make a perfect stranger smile. This is what I was hoping for in my line of work. Only bad thing about ABE is now I am cursed by its beauty and must go to other DCPS schools and daydream about returning to the beach to see the next generation that I want to take care of me in my old age, and vote in elections, be my doctor or lawyer. Teach my kids, possibly just run into at the store and say Hi. Send your kids to ABE

Posted June 19, 2011
We are Midwestern transplants coming from terrific Blue Ribbon schools. We were moving to Atlantic Beach and we were very concerned with the reputation of the public schools. We prefer sending our children to school with neighborhood kids but we were willing to do whatever it takes to give our kids a great educational experience. We spent considerable time researching the private, parochial and the public school opportunities for our children and after interviewing parents and faculty who seemed equally committed to great education (and who raved about ABE), we chose to send our daughter to Atlantic Beach Elementary. It was a very good decision for us. She continued getting straight A s, she scored 5 s on the FCAT and was elected to Student Council. We are very satisfied with our decision and thrilled to be a part of such a dynamic community. MH

Posted October 14, 2010
Excellent teachers, strong parent involvement/PTA, beautiful facility. I really like the after school enrichment classes offered, which include art, tennis, oceanography, math, yoga, crafts, and more.

Posted October 12, 2010
The best for learning, the best teachers, the best parents, the best kids anywhere

Posted April 26, 2010
I love our little pink school. We have a wonderful faculty - custodians to the principal and everyone in between! It is one big happy family and everyone takes care of one another. We have a fabulous parent support network and everyone works together to put the children first!

Posted April 24, 2010
It is a school where 'the village' is a way of life not a phrase! Everyone worries about all of the kids!

Posted April 24, 2010
Our little school is one big family! We look out for eachother and enjoy the gifts we have to share with one another and the community. A little piece of heaven on earth!

Posted October 21, 2009
ABE is a great school with a close knit group of parents, teachers and administrators that work well together. The Atlantic Beach community has embraced the school and their support has been vital to the school's success.

Posted October 01, 2009
There is a lot of parent involvement and community support that take it from ordinary to exraordinary.

Posted September 30, 2009
They have some of the best teachers I have seen. They are great to the students and parents!

Atlantic Beach Elementary School
298 Sherry Drive, Atlantic Beach, FL  32233
Last modified Atlantic Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlantic Beach Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top