Walter Caldwell Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 630 students

Posted September 11, 2014

the staff is rude and unhelpful will let my daughter finish this year and then will be moving her elsewhere I am one very unhappy parent with the way the teachers handle incidents and don't like the school nurse at all, pretty sure I've been talked about with staff and parents considering the treatment I get when I am there but that's fine won't be back .

Posted August 12, 2013

I was very pleased with the school when my grandson attended, his teacher was very helpful and supportive. the office staff was very kind and helpful as well. one of the best schools in the area.

Posted May 16, 2011

I was a student at Caldwell some of the staff were very mean , I felt Like sometimes I was in prison more than school. I didn't feel like the teachers tried to help all of the students, I myself didn't even learn to read till I was going into second grade. Like other reviews said it's like the teachers are there for the pay check not for the children. Don't get me wrong there are some very good teachers there. So I would advise parents to just be involved and ask there children about there day daily.

Posted September 19, 2008

My children have been going to Caldwell for 2 years now and I am very pleased with the school as far as academics go. I am not pleased with the way most teachers and staff there are. I know this is suppose to be a 5 star school and it more then likely would be but with the staff being the way that they are I would rate this school a 2 maybe 2.5. If you child starts complaining to you that his/her teacher is being mean please listen to your child because 9/10 they are telling you the truth. Most of the staff is there to get a pay check and are not there for your Child.

Posted January 19, 2008

This school is very unorganized, unfriendly staff, and geared toward testing and not teaching! I took my children out as soon as I could. Best decision I could have made!

Posted July 24, 2007

My Children Have gone to Caldwell for 4 years. I have had some problems but not anything that I would say is very bad. I feel that some of the teachers try for the Children But most of them don`t seem to care about the learning prosses that the Children are needing. As far as arts and Music my oldest son seemed to like it but my youngest son did not seem to want it. I will say this to all of you ather Parents out there. Please be involved with your Children if they go to Caldwell. And always listen to what they have to say. Bottom line I think that the School is tring very hard alls they need is a few things that they need to change. Good Luck To all of you and your Family in the Future.

Posted May 6, 2007

- caring administrators - knowledgeable teachers - challenging curriculim

Posted August 26, 2005

I did not have a very good experience with this school; in fact I took my child out as soon as I could. Most of the staff seemed unfriendly toward myself and my child. Lack of discipline is my biggest complaint about Caldwell. Other children were allowed to stay in the class and disrupt it, even though they were the same problem children over and over again.

Posted August 7, 2005

I am very pleased with walter caldwell, we came from orlando 2 years ago, And the teaching is 100% compared to the orlando schools. My kids love to attend school everyday.

Posted March 30, 2005

I have two children that have attended Walter Caldwell Elementary School. This school has provided a very positive learning atmosphere that has boosted their self esteem and made volunteering a pleasure. The music and art programs provided a variety of opportunities for my children to explore their potential in a variety of performances and instrumental instruction. The principal and vice principal are kind, caring, and readily accessable whenever I needed clarification or assistance regarding circumstances involving my children or the school in general. I found the resource staff exceptional in keeping my ADHD child motivated and really liking school again. She progressed a whole year the 5 months she attended the first year and 1.5 grades the second year she was there.(she disliked her last school so much that she would make herself ill to avoid going.)Both my children couldn't wait to go to school every day!

Posted March 1, 2004

My daughter is receiving an excellent education at this institution. The cadre are top-notch professionals that truly love their profession and it shows. Having been a graduate myself, I highly recommend this institution.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

94 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

94 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

90 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

83 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "D".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MR. DERON WLLIAMS
Fax number
  • (863) 965-5473

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now