412 students|Duval

Bad
Good

I have been teaching for over 25 years at various schools. I must say that I have never worked with a group of teachers that are more concerned about each child's education. My co-workers go above and beyond trying to get each child up to their potential. I never plan to leave this school!

Mamie Agnes Jones is a great school!! The teachers and staff there care about each student on a one-on-one basis; my son loves it!! :o)

I do not like this school at all. My sons teacher this year was horrible. All he did in kindergarten was color and watch movies and play outside. The school he just came from wanted him reading by the end of the year then we get to this school and they hardly have sight words! getting a teacher conference was like trying to pull teeth. When I asked my sons teacher for a conference to see where he stood in school her reply was "what for hes doing fine?" Excuse me but that's not what I asked you! My gosh I could go on and on but I just want my child outta there asap and into a school were parent teacher communication is a must!

My daughter has ben attending this school since KG and I can not wait to pull her out. You will find some good teachers but most of them are either more worried about gossipping or the FCATS.Especially the principal,that is her main concern. Not parent association just the FCATS. To me, they are behind on the important factor. the students. I would not reccomend this school to anyone. If you are moving in the area please look somewhere else.

M A Jones is a wonderful school. It has received an 'A' rating for the past 6 years. Parents are always welcome and encouraged to volunteer or visit the classroom so that they can see first hand what is going on. I also had a child in first grade during the 08-09 school year and did not have any of the problems the previous parent mentioned.

We moved here from Virginia Beach, and a great elementary school. This school has no activities. The teachers are hit or miss. The kids watch a ton of videos and movies. Head lice was constantly passed throughout the first grade. My daughter was picked on and bullied. We live 14 country miles from this school, and even though we are 6 miles from Chaffee Trails are forced to go here. The best thing about this school was Mr. Hatcher, and he's retiring. We are looking to move to get away from this school.

This school is an A school for the past five years in a row. My grandson entered this school with a speech impairment, today he does the morning announcements. His sister has moved on the the High School and is part of Duke University Young Scholars Program. Our family is very thankful to have had an educational foundation provided by this great school. Although we are sorry to see Mr. Hatcher (Principal) leave, we wish him a very happy retirement.

Last modified Mamie Agnes Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.