Bartow, FL

Bartow Elementary Academy 2

Posted August 13, 2014
Unfortunately, while we absolutely adored my daughter's kindergarten teacher, the school was not a good fit for our daughter with special needs. It took almost 7 months to get her evaluated for an IEP and they did not seem to want to provide her with the necessary services. She didn't begin to receive ESE services until the last semester of school and they were minimal at best. My husband and I feel like they singled our daughter out as a "problem child" rather than work with her to accommodate her needs. We feel like they forced us to pull her out and place her in another school.

Posted March 23, 2010
This school is excellent at making sure that every available minute is used to learn. Children are required to bring a book to lunch so that they can read when they have finished their lunch. There is before-school chess club and after hours library access some days of the week to promote student access. Little things like that add up to extra hours of learning every week which really shows at test-taking time.

Posted September 16, 2009
This school is rated A+ and requires parental involvement. It has a Language Arts program to encourage students to learn other languages. Additionally the school has started a chess club, which my son loves.

Bartow Elementary Academy 5

Posted February 19, 2008
This is an excellent school. The staff really works together with the students best interest at heart. They are very family oriented. My child loves it there.

Bartow Elementary Academy 5

Posted January 14, 2006
BEA is a wonderful school with high quality academic programs and a variety of activities before and after shcool like chess matches for various age groups. Parents are required to sign a contract agreeing to actively participate in the curricular activities to help their children achieve success. The communication between school and home is superior! I feel completely in touch with what is happening with my child at school and I feel empowered to help my child achieve his goals. I am impressed with the professional attitude of the teachers and feel grateful to be a part of this school.

590 South Wilson Avenue, Bartow, FL  33830
Last modified Bartow Elementary Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bartow Elementary Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top