358 students|Polk

Bad
Good

My son has attended Stephens for the past two years, and I am very pleased with the school. The level of support and communication I receive from the teachers is first-rate. Each year my son s teachers go above and beyond to keep me informed on his progress in the classroom and meet with me on short notice to discuss various concerns. Furthermore, the principal and front office is a rare find. Whenever, I visit the school the principal and staff greet me with a smile and take the time to assist me. The principal and staff actually make you feel that you are a part of the Stephens family instead of someone interfering with their job. As a final point, the principal s willingness to provide individual attention to situations, when necessary, has played an instrumental role in my ability to have an impact in my son s life. I cannot say enough about the appreciation I have for the principal, teachers, and administrative staff working at Stephens. I honestly believe this may be one of the few schools left in our country that recruits and employs teachers who actually care about their students (our children), and take a personal interest in making sure their students succeed.

The Pre-K program is phenomenal! I don't know much about the principal, but I was not impressed with the professionalism of the Assistant principal. I agree with the other post about people skills as well. The assistant lacks those as well. In addition, at work you need to speak English. Leave the slang at home and be a role model for our children. I was going to pull my daughter out after 4th grade, but she and I really loved her teacher and had a fantastic 5th grade year.

Stephens is an amazing school. My son has attended for two years in Miss Lillys preschool class and she always made him feel so loved. This school has shown so much support for my son. He has alot of special needs and the amount of love shown to him from all of the staff and students was overwhelmin

The school used to be one of the best. The current administration leaves much to be desired. Their communication/people skills are lacking. The principal has quite a temper, which may explain the teacher turnover the past 4 years! I did not like this school until my son was in 5th grade. I'm very glad we didn't transfer him. Our son excelled in Mr. R's class. He actually asked for books for Christmas! Top notch teacher that let the parents know what was happening with grades and behavior. At first, the expectations seemed ridiculous, but then I saw a change in my son. All he talked about was school. Now I find out that he is no longer at the school. If teachers were happy, they wouldn't be fleeing!

Stephens has excellent teachers, many with decades of experience. The pre-K program is excellent and the administration, under great stress recently, has made real commitment to moving the school forward. We need to be supporting their efforts

Stephens is an excellent community school.

Last modified James E. Stephens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.