318 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (17 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (16 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (23 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (19 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (14 responses)

Posted February 04, 2016
It has been a great experience for my 7 year old son at Somerset, as well as for us parents. This is a great school with fantastic staff in all departments. Ms Chase is an excellent teacher always opened to listen and discuss with parents anything necessary for the benefit of the students development.

Posted February 04, 2016
Somerset Boca receives a "great" rating, because of it's friendly and personable atmosphere. Normally, in a public school setting, you and your child are just another a common face and a random student number. At Somerset Boca, the teachers and administration know the faces, names, personalities, and strengths of their students and it shows. They take the time to get to know the school families. Specifically, they slow down and listen, learn, and care about what is going on in the lives of their students and their families. Additionally, they make a concerted effort to make learning fun for the students with unique activities and events that you won't find at the other local public schools (such as Talent Shows, Wildlife Animal visits, and so much more!)

Posted February 03, 2016
Ms. Bader is a great teacher. She is strong, patient and very nurturing. My son adores her.

Posted February 03, 2016
We are extremely happy with the school. My son is doing amazing and we will be sending out other son there when he starts kindergarten.

Posted February 02, 2016
The teachers are great. My son had a great teacher for Kinder - Mrs. Baer, and now has Mrs. Trew, great, great caring and amazing teachers.

Posted February 02, 2016
As our son approached Kindergarten age, we began to look at local schools for him. We wanted our son to be in a school where he was not lost with the numbers…we really like the small school feel with the top rate education. We live near a school, however, it is large and it has maintained C-rating for years. When you are planning your child’s education, you want the best. We turned to choice schools and Somerset Boca was one of the schools we visited. We fell in love with it. It was progressive, innovative and small. We applied and got on a waiting list. It was some very stressful few weeks until the day we got the call – our son got in! The joy and relief we felt knowing our son was going to Somerset was amazing. This is his second year in the school. He is now in first grade and is reading above his level, he loves school, has an amazing teacher, great classmates and is growing so much academically and personally. Because it is not a large school, everyone knows him. From the office staff to the other teachers. We love that. Parents are very involved and everyone gets along great. We work together to make the school the best it can be. Our son is thriving at Somerset and he is happy. It is a great feeling to see our son excited to go to school and everyday at pick up when we ask, how was your day, he answer is “Great!” His happiness, coupled by his academic advancements, is our confirmation that he is in an amazing school and we feel fortunate to have him at Somerset Boca.

Posted February 02, 2016
I could never thank Mrs Ferranti enough for all she has done to help our daughter transition into a new school. In addition, my daughter is very high spirited and Mrs Ferranti has demonstrated a great deal of patience and understanding working with my daughter. I feel that my daughter would not have made the progress she did this year if it wasn't for her.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 02, 2016
Teacher feedback about how are children are doing at school and with their class mates demonstrate that their concerned for the kids.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 02, 2016
My children come home and share stories (history) that they've learned at school which demonstrate the school sets high standards.

Posted February 02, 2016
I still remember the day we received the call that my kids had been accepted to Somerset Boca, I had heard so many great stories about the teachers there that I knew that I wanted that for my kids. Well, the actual experience exceeded the stories I had heard. My daughter went into the second grade while my son entered Kindergarden. My daughter's teacher went out of her way to help my daughter transition in her new school while at the same worked with her so that she could catch up academically with her class mates. My son's teacher challenged him early on and we were surprised how fast he was learning to read and complete math problems. Their teachers keep us constantly informed how they're doing in their class work, exams and what ateas we should work with our kids to help them improve with their math, reading or vocabulary. In addition to the academic aspect to the school, the teachers have demonstrated that they really care for the well being of our children. I feel blessed that are kids go there and I know many parents that have children that go there that feel the same.

333 Southwest 4th Avenue, Boca Raton, FL  33432
Last modified Somerset Academy Boca East is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Somerset Academy Boca East Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 232 reviews. Top