318 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (23 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (19 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (17 responses)

I am extremely grateful my daughter goes here!!! The staff at this school is so caring. My child has even had the new teacher two years in a row and we still couldn't be happier. This school truly feels like the community of a private school. The faculty and staff know my child and my family. Sometimes I do wish they had school dances or some other "standard" public school events, but I'm thrilled and blessed with what we have. Even the small school feel is such a blessing. If you message the principal, they will respond, and very quickly. Your child is not just a number here!!

-Please parents, to blame the teachers for your child's behavior. -I've been at this school for 3 years, they have never demanded money, it's always optional, you choose to send your child to a charter school you need to understand how it works, if you don't, then go to a public school. If you cant volunteer or pay for the volunteer hours, if you cant afford uniforms, then a charter school is not for you and will have to go to a public school and follow their curriculum completely. -If you think too much homework is too much then you're setting your kid to be "average", again, stay at public school. -Communication is a must, between parents and teachers, between parents and kids and between kids and teachers, if you don't set a good example your kids wont follow. -my child is very smart, ahead of others, but she started kindergarten think it was still preschool, so the teacher had to be hard and demanding. Now, she follows rules, she listens to instructions, understands consequences. They are not in day care anymore!!

It has been a great experience for my 7 year old son at Somerset, as well as for us parents. This is a great school with fantastic staff in all departments. Ms Chase is an excellent teacher always opened to listen and discuss with parents anything necessary for the benefit of the students development.

Somerset Boca receives a "great" rating, because of it's friendly and personable atmosphere. Normally, in a public school setting, you and your child are just another a common face and a random student number. At Somerset Boca, the teachers and administration know the faces, names, personalities, and strengths of their students and it shows. They take the time to get to know the school families. Specifically, they slow down and listen, learn, and care about what is going on in the lives of their students and their families. Additionally, they make a concerted effort to make learning fun for the students with unique activities and events that you won't find at the other local public schools (such as Talent Shows, Wildlife Animal visits, and so much more!)

We are extremely happy with the school. My son is doing amazing and we will be sending out other son there when he starts kindergarten.

As our son approached Kindergarten age, we began to look at local schools for him. We wanted our son to be in a school where he was not lost with the numbers…we really like the small school feel with the top rate education. We live near a school, however, it is large and it has maintained C-rating for years. When you are planning your child’s education, you want the best. We turned to choice schools and Somerset Boca was one of the schools we visited. We fell in love with it. It was progressive, innovative and small. We applied and got on a waiting list. It was some very stressful few weeks until the day we got the call – our son got in! The joy and relief we felt knowing our son was going to Somerset was amazing. This is his second year in the school. He is now in first grade and is reading above his level, he loves school, has an amazing teacher, great classmates and is growing so much academically and personally. Because it is not a large school, everyone knows him. From the office staff to the other teachers. We love that. Parents are very involved and everyone gets along great. We work together to make the school the best it can be. Our son is thriving at Somerset and he is happy. It is a great feeling to see our son excited to go to school and everyday at pick up when we ask, how was your day, he answer is “Great!” His happiness, coupled by his academic advancements, is our confirmation that he is in an amazing school and we feel fortunate to have him at Somerset Boca.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My children come home and share stories (history) that they've learned at school which demonstrate the school sets high standards.

I still remember the day we received the call that my kids had been accepted to Somerset Boca, I had heard so many great stories about the teachers there that I knew that I wanted that for my kids. Well, the actual experience exceeded the stories I had heard. My daughter went into the second grade while my son entered Kindergarden. My daughter's teacher went out of her way to help my daughter transition in her new school while at the same worked with her so that she could catch up academically with her class mates. My son's teacher challenged him early on and we were surprised how fast he was learning to read and complete math problems. Their teachers keep us constantly informed how they're doing in their class work, exams and what ateas we should work with our kids to help them improve with their math, reading or vocabulary. In addition to the academic aspect to the school, the teachers have demonstrated that they really care for the well being of our children. I feel blessed that are kids go there and I know many parents that have children that go there that feel the same.

From our daughter (1st grader): I like this school because we are a family here. I like the teachers and the principal. But most of all I like all of the fun things we do.

When we were trying to decide where to send our daughter to kindergarten, we weren't happy with the traditional public school options. We didn't see our sweet, sensitive daughter at an elementary school with 1200 students, eating lunch in 15 minutes at 10 in the morning. Then we found out about Somerset Boca. The staff easily accommodated my husband and me with a tour of the campus. We were impressed with the warmth that we felt from the office assistant, the principal, the P.E. teacher, etc. Everyone that we met there was friendly and passionate about what they were doing. Our daughter is in second grade now, and we are all still very happy with this school. Somerset's emphasis on science also fits in well with our family's educational goals. We feel very lucky to have Somerset Boca as a choice in Palm Beach County.

Last modified Somerset Academy Boca East is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.